Since Leslie Knope introduced Galentine’s day in Parks and Rec, it has evolved from a pop culture reference to a widely celebrated tradition which can be celebrated anywhere, including a dorm.  You may not know it yet, but a dorm room Galentine's Day brunch is the celebration you and your college friends never knew you needed. Your GVSU meal plan offers more opportunities than you may think, all you have to do it get a little creative and you'll save money along the way.

While you may not have as much time as Leslie to make each of your friends a bouquet of crocheted flower pens or a personalized 5,000-word essay on why they're all so awesome (even though they are), you can celebrate the holiday through a budget and time friendly brunch with all of your besties.

Treat your friends this Galentine's Day with a delicious and Instagram worthy dorm room Galentine's brunch with these three recipes

Don't forget to BYO-Tea

The easiest way to save money and make use of your resources is to ask your guests to stop at the campus P.O.D. store on the way to brunch and use a meal swipe to buy tea. You've got the rest of the meal covered, so no one should worry about using a swipe on just tea.  

Trail Bark

Mary Racette

A delicious dessert disguised as a salty and sweet side dish.  Sneak chocolate into your meal and make use of some of the single serving trail mix packs laying around with this easy treat. 

What you need?

- (1) Pack White Chocolate 

- (2) Single serving trail mix packs 

How to make?

1. Pour white chocolate on baking sheet.

2. Sprinkle trail mix on chocolate 

3. Let it cool in the fridge until hard 

4. Break into pieces

Yogurt Parfait in a mug 

Mary Racette

A parfait is both a perfect and light brunch dish to refresh your guests and make everyone feel good for the rest of the day.  Isn't that what Galentine's Day is all about? Show your love for your friends by treating them to a light and healthy meal.  

What you need?

- A mug

- (1) Serving of yogurt 

- Granola

- Berries of choice 

Optional: drizzle of honey

How to make?

1. Wash berries and slice strawberries

2. Layer ingredients in a mug until full

#SpoonTip: Use a meal swipe at the P.O.D. store to buy yogurt 

Petite Pancakes

Mary Racette

Enjoy all of the flavor and satisfaction of a full-size stack of flapjacks, compiled neatly atop a petite brunch dish.  Once you layer your ingredients, don't forget to snap a picture to impress all of your followers at home.  

What you need?

- (3) Eggo mini pancakes

- Whipped cream 

- Strawberries

How to make?

1. Microwave mini pancakes

2. Slice strawberries

3. Layer and arrange ingredients 

Make Galentine's Day more than just the day before Valentine's Day this year with these easy ideas and recipes.  Jazz up the meal by creating a classy and fun atmosphere by decorating with a tablecloth and playing music.   Don't forget that Galentine's Day is supposed to be fun, so don't stress out if everything isn't perfect, and remember that anything you do is going to be impressive since you are living in a dorm.