You may or may not have noticed that Valentines Day is rapidly approaching. If you're a college student, you might be panicking about how you're going to afford to make it a special day for your valentine. Luckily, I can show you how to have a Valentine's meal for 2 under $20!

I'm going to tell you how to make a drink, entree, and dessert  for your valentine that they're guaranteed to love. Everything is affordable, easy to make, and tastes delicious. By the end of the night, your valentine may end up loving you almost as much as their meal.

1. Champagne Float 

Emily Rice

Refreshing, sweet, and totally festive, a champagne float is the perfect drink to make for your sweetie. If you're under 21, simply use some sort of sparkling juice or non-alcoholic champagne to make it virgin. Here's what you'll need.

- One bottle of pink moscato $9.99, on sale

- 2-3 scoops of raspberry sorbet $1.59 (I just used sherbet because that's all I could find in my local grocery store)

Simply put a couple of scoops of sorbet into a glass, followed by filling the rest with champagne. Voila! It's really that simple. Now you have a fruity and festive drink that anybody will love.

Emily Rice

Total cost: $11.58

2. Heart Shaped Pizza

Emily Rice

Who doesn't love pizza, right? Instead of spending upward of $20 on a heart shaped pizza from a franchise, you can easily make it yourself. The best part is it is easily customizable, and this way you can make it with love. Here's what you'll need.

- Store bought pizza dough $1.99

- Pizza sauce $1.19

- Mozzarella cheese $1.99

- Pepperoni (or any toppings of your choice) $1.49

First, preheat your oven to the recommended temperature on your pizza dough package. Roll your dough out on flat, lightly floured surface. Knead it out with your hands and use a rolling pin to evenly distribute the dough to your desired size. (Tip: if you don't have a rolling pin, using an empty wine bottle works great). Once you have your dough about the size you want it, cut out a heart shape using a knife. If you bought standard pizza dough, you should be about to make two small pizzas out of it.

Add your sauce, cheese, and toppings to your personal preference. Put the pizzas on a cookie sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until dough is baked. Now you have a Valentines Day version of a beloved food, for your beloved. 

Emily Rice

Total cost: $6.66

3. Caramel Heart Brownies 

Emily Rice

Lastly we have dessert. Brownies are a classic and delicious treat, and by adding caramel-filled chocolate heart candies, you can jazz it up while also making it themed for Valentines Day. Here's what you'll need.

- Store bought brownie mix $1.25

(if you really want to impress your date, you can make them from scratch)

-Caramel filled chocolate hearts $2.99

#SpoonTip: you can use any kind of chocolate hearts that you want. I chose a more expensive kind out of personal preference. I would suggest trying peanut butter filled if you want to try something different.

First, follow the instructions on the brownie mix box to make the brownies. Once they are out of the oven, arrange the heart candies in a neat row across, spaced out evenly, pressing in slightly to make sure that it gets nice and gooey. That's it! Now you have a rich, warm, and absolutely adorable dessert for your love.

Emily Rice

Total Cost: $4.24

There you have it, a valentine's day meal for 2 under $20. Each item is delicious, festive, and will definitely impress your beau. The best part is, it's broke-college-student friendly. Who says you have to have a lot of money to make Valentines Day perfect? 

Emily Rice

And hey, if this Valentine's Day you find yourself without that "special someone", don't sweat it. There are loads of other things to do with family and even greater friends!