Christmas is approaching, and there is A LOT to be done. Even though there are gifts to be wrapped, cookies to be baked, and holiday party invitations to be sent out, make sure to remember that this season is a time for spending time with family and friends—it's supposed to be fun!

Here are five ways to maintain a healthy mind and body so you can end up on Santa's nice list and have an amazing Christmas.

1. RELAX !

First and foremost, take some time to relax this season. If you're in a Grinch mood because of high stress, you won't actually enjoy this festive and joyful time of year.

Light a Gingerbread candle, play some soothing Michael Bublé Christmas music, sit by the tree, and meditate for a few minutes on what you're thankful for and what you are excited for the upcoming year. This is a total game-changer for holiday anxiety.

2. Get Moving

The holidays are a busy time, so fitting in a full-fledged workout may not be possible. However, there are small things you can do to keep your body moving. When walking the mall buying your gifts, choose to use the stairs instead of the elevator to burn those extra calories.

Decorate your own house because going from upstairs to downstairs, inside to outside, back and forth will actually work out your muscles.

While baking, spread out your supplies around the proximity of the kitchen so you get more steps in. Take a trip to Philadelphia or New York City and walk around the city, the sights are breathtaking.

3. Enjoy, but Don't Overindulge

Don't deny yourself a cup of eggnog or say no to an extra plate of that Christmas filet mignon. Grab a spoonful of mashed potatoes with your dinner and later savor your grandma's freshly baked cookies. This time of year has so many mouthwatering foods that you con't eat any other season of the year so you should enjoy them now.

But make sure you aren't eating to the point of nausea. Bloating isn't ideal when wearing your nice holiday outfits. You won't have to worry about making a rigorous New Year's workout resolution if you don't overdo the amount of servings you eat at Christmas dinner.

4. Get Some Sleep

In order to complete all of your holiday tasks before Christmas Day, you are going to need to have both eyes open and plenty of motivation.

Remember, Santa knows when you are sleeping, and he knows when you're awake. He won't come unless you are getting enough rest! You can't rely on peppermint mochas to keep you alert the entire season, so try and get about eight hours of sleep per night if you can.

5. Cover Your Mouth

It is crucial to use hand sanitizer (but not too much), cover your mouth when you cough and sneeze, and wash your hands frequently. No one wants to be sick on Christmas and miss all of the fun. If you have a subtle cold, watch out for sharing drinks and don't kiss too many people under the mistletoe.