It's my second semester of college, and I have managed to maintain my sweet tooth. At first, I’ll admit, I was scared. I was leaving the comfort of my kitchen, so I didn’t want to also lose the best part of my old daily routine: dessert. However, if there’s a will, there’s a way, and there was no way I was ready to cut dessert out of my life as a college student. And, as Selena Gomez said, the “ heart wants what it wants. Here's how I survived:

For the Monday mornings or if you’ve had a rough day

Cherie Litvin

Dining halls may not be ideal, but you have to make the most of what you’ve got. And while waffles may be considered a desert in their own respect, who says you can't make them even sweeter? One of my personal favorite things to do is layer peanut butter on top, add a scoop of chocolate ice cream, crumble up some Oreos or chocolate chip cookies (or both,) drizzle some chocolate syrup and top it with some whipped cream. You can have dessert for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and if you want to take a healthier route, you can sub yogurt for the ice cream and add some fruit on top.  

For the nights cramming for exams

hot chocolate, Reading, cozy, blanket, Winter
Emma Salters

Even something as simple as a hot chocolate packet has the ability to warm your soul on the worst of days. Sometimes dining halls have them, or you can just pick up a box at a local convenience store. Don’t forget to add some whipped

cream, marshmallows, and chocolate syrup for the ultimate pick-me-up. You can even be fancy and crush up peppermint sticks, cookies, or chocolate covered pretzels to top it off.

For those in need of a desperate chocolate fix

chocolate, coffee, cream, sweet, milk, dairy product
Danielle Biskner

If you’re in desperate need of some true dessert, turn to the fad of the mug cake. This 5-minute recipe is so worth the time and it definitely hits the spot. It brings me back to the days of the Easy Bake Oven and reminds me that just because I don’t have a kitchen, it doesn’t mean I can’t make myself some real baked goods. Warm, fresh, and right out of the microwave, this cake will make your room smell like a bakery.

For those missing summer

chocolate, oatmeal, sandwich, peanut butter
Danielle Chen

If you’re craving the smell of bonfire and longing for those summer nights, this s’mores recipe will definitely bring up those spirits. All you need is a microwave, marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers. Simply warm-up the marshmallow in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes and voila! You’ve got a taste of summer minus all the bug bites. Add a nut butter or substitute dark chocolate to make it a little healthier.

For the "Netflix and chill" nights

sweet, chocolate, cream, popcorn, cereal, goody, milk
Kirby Barth

What do you get when you put procrastination and a college student together? Netflix. Since you’re going to want something to fuel this study break, pop some corn in that microwave of yours, drizzle melted chocolate or some caramel sauce (or both) and you’ve got yourself your personal movie theater in your dorm. If you want to keep it light, swap those generic, buttery brands for Skinny Pop or freshly popped all-natural kernels. 

For the healthy indulgences

milk, cream, dairy product, yogurt, sweet, pudding, juice
Shae Chambers

We all want to feel good about what we eat, even if we have a massive sweet tooth. Look no further than the avocado, an ingredient that can be used for basically any food hack. This 3-ingredient recipe for avocado pudding can be done right in the convenience of your dorm room and you won’t feel any shame about indulging your sugar cravings. 

Sweeten your day with this dessert guide and college won’t seem so sour. You deserve to treat yourself and these quick recipes make great dessert possible, especially for a freshman. With this declassified survival guide, I managed to make it through, and so can you.