Stressful situations, overworking, lack of sleep, health problems — all of this can make our facial skin look and feel tired. And apparently, you can help treat your skin using food products at home! Amazing, right?

You can treat your skin all by yourself without spending too much money as there have been so many instances where I opened a DIY video with excitement, only to find that I don’t have most of the ingredients on the list. And even when they are actually available, I find their cost to be exorbitant. So here, I've come up with a selection of eight effective food mask recipes that not only work, but also require no more than 2 ingredients -which might already be at your homes. These will not only help restore life to your skin, but also cure your various skin problems and make you feel good about your new healthy skin!

1. Potato-Lemon Mask

citron, lemonade, lime, citrus, juice, lemon
Karan Kapoor

This mask is particularly effective against spots on your face that you get because of the sun tan. You need only 2 ingredients for this - a potato and half a lemon. Blend the potato, put it into a bowl and gradually add the lemon juice. Mix it all together and apply it onto your face letting it stay for 20 minutes.

Potato is an excellent source of Fibers, Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, carbohydrates, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, manganese, and iron among others and provides a cooling effect to the skin making the skin free of blemishes and skin spots. The high content of Vitamin C in lemons makes it an effective skin care aid.

2. Cucumber-Aloe Vera Mask

vegetable, cucumber
Alex Frank

This cucumber-aloe vera mask is an excellent refresher plus it treats blemishes, opens pores and reduces eye wrinkles. It requires 2 ingredients - a cucumber and 2 Tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel. Blend the cucumber and add the aloe vera gel to it to get a thick consistency. Stir the mixture thoroughly and apply it on your face for 15 minutes.

Cucumbers help restore the antioxidants in your skin and are a great remedy due to their high water content thus making them extremely hydrating and nourishing for the skin. Cucumbers are a source of several compounds that fight inflammation and aging.

3. Avocado-Honey Mask

guacamole, sweet, vegetable, avocado
Jessica Kelly

This 2 ingredient face mask is perfect for a glowing and flawless skin. Take an avocado, mash it to get a smooth pulp like consistency and add it to a bowl with one teaspoon honey. Mix it thoroughly and apply it to your face for 15-20 minutes.

Avocado contains high amounts of proteins, unsaturated fats and antioxidants like Vitamins A, D and E, moisturizing the skin and palliates the wrinkles on the face efficiently. And the honey is incredible for your skin due to its antibacterial properties and hefty serving of skin-saving antioxidants.

4. Banana-Yogurt Mask

vegetable, banana

Banana is a fruit packed with sources beneficial for skin. Vitamin A from banana deals with blemishes and dark spots or rough skin, Vitamin B acts as anti-aging agent or and lightens skin and the potassium helps to moisturize your skin to protect it from being dry. The yogurt helps to mitigate the large pores, thus tightening skin pores and making it look more youthful.

All you need to do for this mask is mash one ripe banana and mix it with one Tablespoon of yogurt. Apply this thick paste to your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Repeat this process thrice a week to see the results!

5. Honey-Turmeric Mask

cilantro, pepper, coffee, chili, condiment, cinnamon, turmeric, herb, curry
Shreya Sahni

Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, which reduce skin inflammation, pigmentation, blemishes and helps reduce acne. And honey is incredible for your skin due to its antibacterial properties and hefty serving of antioxidants. All you need for this mask is half a teaspoon turmeric and two teaspoons honey. Mix these two ingredients together and apply this thick paste on your face to treat acne for 5-10 minutes and not more as it might stain your skin if applied for longer periods.

6. Cocoa Powder-Coconut Oil Mask

Cocoa powder not only helps in making chocolate cakes and brownies (which honestly are like, the best things in the entire world) but also helps in skin care. This tempting cocoa powder and coconut oil face mask is great for maintaining flawless and younger looking skin. The cocoa flavanols are great for improving skin texture, repairing damaged skin and maintaining a glowing complexion and the coconut oil is good for nourishing and moisturizing your skin.

To prepare this mask, measure 2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder and mix it thoroughly with 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil. Apply this mask to your face for 20 minutes and then gently rinse it with water. Use this mask twice a week for best results.

7. Tomato-Honey Mask

cherry, pasture, tomato, vegetable
Kartik Sharma

Tomato is a fruit,  rich in Lycopene, an antioxidant compound that has enticing health benefits. It rejuvenates the skin and postpones aging wrinkles. Also, it can help to remove excess oil on the skin and aids in the removal of blackheads, shrinking of pores, whitening and smoothing of the skin. Its antibacterial properties also makes it a good remedy for acne.

So for this mask, blend half a tomato to obtain a smooth puree and add one Tablespoon of raw honey to obtain a paste. Apply this face mask for 15 minutes and then gently wash with water. It's regular use can help fade your acne scars as well!

8. Orange-Yogurt Mask

All you need to do for this last DIY food mask is take to 2 Tablespoons of yogurt in a bowl and add freshly squeezed juice of half an orange. Mix them thoroughly to form a paste and apply it on your face for 15 minutes and then rinse it off.

Since oranges are rich in anti-oxidants, they help tighten and tone the skin. The citric acid in the fruit acts as natural astringent and helps in drying away the pimples. When combined with yogurt, this mask helps in exfoliating dead skin cells and gives way to healthy beautiful skin!