Don’t get me wrong, I’m never one to get tired of a basic, good ‘ole slice of pizza. However, sometimes it’s nice to mix things up and experiment a little. It also doesn’t hurt when you get to combine your favorite foods into one delicious work of art. Read on to discover how you can recreate pizza into amazing new dishes that will change the way you look at regular pizza forever.

1. Pizza Panini

pizza recipes

Photo by Tarika Narain

If you thought your typical lunch sammie was good, get ready to have your mind blown. When you put pizza ingredients in between two slices of bread something magical happens. The great thing about making pizza into a panini is that it’s completely customizable. Load it up with veggies to make it like a supreme pizza, or use ham, pineapples, and BBQ sauce for a Hawaiian-style ‘za. It’s the best thing invented since sliced bread.

2. Pizza Mac & Cheese

pizza recipes

Photo by Tiare Brown

Pizza and mac & cheese are about as essential for college students as textbooks, so why not combine them both into one fantastic dish? It all starts with an out-of-this-world sauce made with three types of cheeses, marinara, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh oregano. Mix it with macaroni noodles and then bake for the ultimate pizza mac & cheese hybrid experience.

3. Mug Pizza

pizza recipes

Photo by Natsuko Mazany

This one’s for when you have zero time before class but direly need to eat something beforehand. And you’re craving pizza, because, well, always. All you need are some basic ingredients you probably already have on hand, as well as any toppings you want. Pizza is much cuter in a mug than a cardboard box.

4. Pull-Apart Pizza Muffins

pizza recipes

Photo by Kristi Cook

Who knew just four ingredients and 30 minutes could result in the worlds most epic muffins? Making these muffins requires only biscuit dough, sauce, cheese, and basil. The final product is a muffin that’s just begging to be pulled apart to reveal its delicious layers of cheesiness. Serve it as a party app at your next gig or make them for yourself. No judgement if you devour the whole pan in one sitting.

5. French Fry Pizza

pizza recipes

Photo by Kristi Cook

This one’s for when you’re craving fries and pizza, which for me is almost a daily struggle. With this recipe, you can combine them both into a dish that’s oozing cheese with every bite. Arrange frozen fries into a circle (or don’t, either way it’s going to taste good), top with cheese, sauce, more cheese, and any toppings of your choice.

6. Pizza Dip

pizza recipes

Photo by Kelly Logan

Say hello to the dip that will triumph over all other dips. This dip is layered with glorious cream cheese with chives and onions, pizza sauce, shredded cheese, and any (or all) of your favorite pizza toppings. Unlike making an actual pizza, it takes almost zero effort. Serve with homemade garlic bread, because a dip is only as good as what you dip it with.

7. Pizza Pasta

pizza recipes

Photo by Hui Lin

This might just be the ultimate Italian dish ever created. Whether or not pizza is actually an Italian thing, though, I don’t know. We’ll save the history for another article. For now, all you need to do is cook up some pasta, throw on some marinara sauce and tons of mozzarella cheese, and bake until you’re left with melty cheese and a grumbling stomach.

8. English Muffin Mini Pizzas

pizza recipes

Photo by Jade Hsiao

Instead of slaving away in the kitchen making dough all day while you could be doing more valuable things with your time (cough Netflix cough), make these English muffin mini pizzas that take almost no time at all. Just top an English muffin with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings, and pop in the oven until the cheese melts. Not only are these easy, but they taste way better than those frozen bagel bites you used to eat.

9. Garlic Bread Pizza

pizza recipes

Photo by Allie Petty

If you ask me, garlic bread is a gift from the heavens. There’s no stopping me from eating the entire complementary basket they bring out to you at Italian restaurants. Now, combine garlic bread with pizza and you’ve got probably one of the most glorious foods ever invented. You have the rest of your lifetime to enjoy this beautiful hybrid of your two favorite foods.

10. Zucchini Pizza Bites

pizza recipes

Photo by Caitlyn Heter

This pizza alternative is made on sliced zucchini instead of bread, meaning it can be enjoyed by even those who are gluten-free. Zucchini is already used as an alternative to gluten in spaghetti, and serves just as well with these pizza bites. They’re super easy to make as well, all it takes is slicing a zucchini, sautéing the slices, layering them with pizza ingredients, and broiling for just a couple of minutes. They serve as a great snack between classes, or a more healthy version of your favorite drunchie food.

11. Pizzadilla

pizza recipes

Photo by Bailey Culpepper

Finally, a dish that combines your favorite Italian and Mexican dishes in one. This recipe is what you’ve been missing your whole life. This pizzadilla layers tortillas, sauce, and cheese into a hefty stack of goodness. Feel free to stack as high as you’d like, depending on how hungry you are. Using tortillas instead of homemade pizza dough saves you a ton of time and besides, how else could you combine a Mexican and Italian dish so perfectly?

12. Pizza Rolls

pizza recipes

Photo by Kirby Barth

Thought Hot Pockets were good? These homemade pizza rolls will put them to shame. Roll out some Pillsbury crescent rolls and fill each with one mozzarella cheese stick, and any other pizza toppings you can’t live without. Bake and dip in marinara sauce, or go crazy and try them with Alfredo, ranch, or pesto. Keep in mind that while these aren’t Hot Pockets they’re still hot, so allow them to cool before you dive in (or just burn your tongue like I do).

13. Waffle Pizza

pizza recipes

Photo by Phoebe Melnick

Behold the breakfast dish that will have you looking at cold leftover pizza like it’s your dirty ex-bae. You don’t need that disappointment in your life. This waffle iron hack takes pizza dough and turns it crisp on the outside, and warm and doughy on the inside. Top it with sauce, cheese, and all your favorite pizza toppings. Get creative with these authentic Italian pizza toppings you normally wouldn’t think to add to your slice, but certainly will go well with a distinguished pizza waffle.

14. Pizza Pockets

pizza recipes

Photo by Dylan Barth

A pocket full of pizza? Now that’s what a pocketful of sunshine is all about. These are made with Pillsbury biscuit dough, which you flatten out and then fill up with cheese and as many other pizza toppings you can fit before pinching the dough closed. Sprinkle with cheese and oregano, then bake until golden brown and serve with marinara sauce.

15. Portobello Pizzas

pizza recipes

Photo by Paige Twombly

These mushroom-based pizzas provide yet another healthy alternative to a regular greasy, carb-filled slice of ‘za. Without cheese, these portobello pizzas are also vegan, but if you can’t live without cheese like me, you can always add it. Fill them with lots of colorful veggies and sauce,  and roast until cooked through. To serve them as a main dish, sprinkle with tofu, or just serve on the side something a little more hearty. Unlike delivery pizza, these will leave you completely guilt-free, yet still extremely happy and satisfied.