Using cruelty-free brands has always been particularly important to me. I have owned rabbits for a long time, so I know first-hand how intelligent and full of personality these animals are. It makes me feel sick to my stomach if I use products tested on bunnies– or any other animals– knowing what happens to them in making sure your shampoo is safe to use.

However, I also know how expensive and difficult it can be to restrict yourself to cruelty- free products when so few brands make them available. On my last grocery store struggle to find a cruelty-free shampoo and conditioner while adhering to my monthly budget, I discovered Renpure. With a wide selection of high quality hair care products almost all under $8, I knew I'd found something incredible.

I contacted the company and they provided me with an awesome selection of products which I'll show you here, which only make a small dent in the enormous product line offered by Renpure. 

Renpure Brand

beer
Emily Baxter

Renpure is a family owned company that ethically manufactures all of its products right here in The States. Each of the ingredients used in their products is sourced responsibly and sustainably, and you can find out where each ingredient comes from on their website.

All of their products are sulfate-free, paraben-free, and gluten-free, as well as safe to use on chemically treated and colored hair. The ingredients they use are 100% USDA Certified Organic, and no chemicals are used in any of the products. There is an extensive list of retailers that carry Renpure, such an Amazon, Target, and Ulta

Advanced Extra-Strength Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner

alcohol, wine, liquor, beer
Emily Baxter

An updated version of the much loved Originals collection, Renpure's Advanced Extra Strength line packs a punch in providing stronger, healthier hair. This product is my personal favorite because it makes my hair feel silky and light, but also smells good enough that it could be a perfume.

Price Comparison (from Target)

Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo $5.19 for 13oz ($0.40/ounce).

Renpure Advanced Extra Strength Shampoo $3.99 for 16oz ($0.25/ounce).

Black Label Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner 

liquor, beer
Emily Baxter

These original products from the Black Label Coconut Professionals Collection utilize extra virgin coconut oil to nourish and protect your locks. The lightweight, nutrient-dense formula gently cleanses your hair so you don't get any of that annoying dryness from over-cleaning your hair.

Price Comparison (from Walgreens)

OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo $7.99 for 13oz ($0.62/ounce).

Renpure Coconut Milk Nourishing Shampoo $7.99 for 16 oz ($0.50/ounce)

Black Label Coconut Water Shampoo and Conditioner

vodka, alcohol, liquor, ice, beer
Emily Baxter

The Coconut Water shampoo and conditioner are also in the Black Label Coconut Professionals Collection and are very similar to the Coconut Milk line but also incorporate the use of bamboo fibers. 

Price Comparison (from Walgreens)

OGX Weightless Hydration Coconut Water Shampoo $7.99 for 13oz ($0.62/ounce). 

Renpure Coconut Water Hydrating Shampoo $7.99 for 16oz ($0.50/ounce).

Black Label Coconut Bamboo Shampoo and Conditioner

beer
Emily Baxter

This variation of the basic formula from the Black Label Coconut Collection uses bamboo fibers to "build a microscopic web-like boundary around the outer surface of your hair's natural structure". I know I said the Extra-Strength Argan Oil line was my favorite, but this was a close second. After just a few washes with this product, my hair was visibly thicker and shinier. Now if only it would repair all my split ends, we'd be golden. 

Price Comparison (from Target)

Shea Moisture Bamboo Extract & Maca Root Resilient Growth Shampoo $8.99 for 10.3oz ($0.87/ounce). 

Renpure Professional Coconut Bamboo Thickening Shampoo $7.99 for 16oz ($0.50/ounce).

Black Label Coconut Whipped Cream Leave- In Conditioner

beer
Emily Baxter

I had to switch up my low-maintenance routine a little bit for this one because I'm the type of person that doesn't use any products in my hair except for when I shower. When I got out, I simply towel dried my hair and brushed a small dollop into the ends of my hair with my fingers. I was pleasantly surprised with how light this product was and within a week, I've already seen some serious improvement in my damaged ends. 

Price Comparison (from Target)

Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Leave-In Conditioner $8.49 for 8oz ($1.06/ounce).

Renpure Coconut Whipped Creme Leave-In Conditioner $8.99 for 16oz ($0.56/ounce).

Black Label Coconut Water Sea Salt Spray and Replenishing Treatment Mist

beer
Emily Baxter

These are two separate products, but I figured they are similar enough to group together. Both of these are intended to add shine and moisture to your hair. I used these by spraying them into the ends of my towel-dried hair and brushing them through to distribute them evenly before blow drying. 

Price Comparison (from Target)

SheaMoisture Sea Kelp and Pearl Protein Sea Salt Texture Spray $10.99 for 4oz ($2.75/ounce).

Renpure Professional Coconut Water Sea Salt Spray (this and the Coconut Water Replenishing Treatment Mist are priced the same) $8.99 for 8oz ($1.12/ounce).

Black Label Organic Coconut Oil

beer
Emily Baxter

As with the Sea Salt Spray and Replenishing Mist, I used this in the ends of my hair prior to blow drying. The great thing about this product is that it doubles as a skin moisturizer because it is 100% natural coconut oil. So use it on your hair or on your skin for a healthy glow. 

Price Comparison (from Walgreens)

SheaMoisture Dry Oil Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus $8.99 for 4oz ($2.25/ounce).

Renpure Coconut Oil Renewing Dry Oil $7.99 for 3.75oz ($2.13/ounce).

Coconut Whipped Creme Leave-In Conditioner

beer
Emily Baxter

I didn't use this product because I don't have curly hair but it smelled really great and I'm sure it's very similar to the Whipped Cream Coconut Leave-In Conditioner. For those of you with naturally curly hair, Renpure offers an entire line of Viva Curly products that you'll love. 

So if you're looking for cruelty-free hair products and you're tired of paying a fortune for them, you might want to give Renpure a try. Their expansive product line has something for everybody, and you don't have to skimp on quality to get it.