Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but also the most neglected. Many people tend to skip breakfast due to a lack of time, but for a busy athlete, breakfast is a necessity.

When I say that breakfast is a necessity, I don't mean grabbing a box of Lucky charms and Calling it a day. We're talking about a breakfast that gives your body the proper nutrition to perform well all day.

Finding an easy-to-make breakfast that properly fuels your body is no easy task. Luckily, Kodiak Cakes' Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix is the perfect quick, nutritious breakfast to get you ready to work and play hard, no matter how busy you are.

Nutrition Information

With 190 calories per serving, Kodiak Cakes' Power Mix contains impressive nutrition facts. The Power Cakes have 30 g of carbohydrates, with only 3 g of sugar! That'll keep you energized enough to perform your best in the heat of the big game, minus the sugar crash.

Each serving also supplies you with a solid 14 grams of protein, not including the protein add-in option ideas the box provides. Does it get much better than that?

What's In The Mix?

Many people are very hesitant to try foods that are high in protein or made with whole wheat for fear they will not taste as good. However, Kodiak Cakes' Power Cakes are the best of both worlds. With 100% whole grain wheat flour and 100% whole grain oat flour, Kodiak Cakes makes sure that the foods going into your body are entirely natural.

The protein blend used is also quite impressive: wheat protein isolate, whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate, and egg whites.

All those great ingredients might have you skeptical, but once you taste these pancakes, you will be amazed that they are good for you. They're just that delicious. 

Serving Suggestions

Rachael Stockel

On the box, Kodiak Cakes explains how easy preparation is. All you have to do is add one ingredient: water! Yeah you read that right: in order to make these nutrient and flavor rich pancakes, all you need is water. Whether you are an on-the-go athlete, or a student looking for a quick meal before class, these pancakes can be whipped up in minutes.

The box also includes some serving suggestions to make your pancakes or waffles the best they can be. They provide ideas of how to add more protein to your pancakes. You can add milk instead of water to top it off at 18 grams of protein. If you are on a high-protein diet, you can add milk as well as an egg for a whopping 21 grams of protein.

The greatest part about these pancakes is that they go with everything! I prefer maple syrup myself, just to go with the classic. Jam is also a great choice. Goodness, even bacon would be amazing on these pancakes! It's all up to what you like, any topping would be delicious with these pancakes.

Other Products by Kodiak Cakes

Kodiak Cakes makes a variety of products aside from the Power Cakes. They've got toaster waffles for those especially hectic mornings. They also have many breakfast products that you can stick in the microwave for a couple minutes, like Minute Muffins, Oatmeal Unleashed, Granola Unleashed, and Flapjack On The Go.  Lastly, Kodiak Cakes makes a brownie mix, cookie mix, and muffin mixes for that late night sugar craving.

Whether it's a pre-workout snack, post workout snack, or just a normal breakfast, Kodiak Cakes makes it easy for busy people, especially athletes to start the day off right, without having to sacrifice their mornings due to extravagant cooking missions.