Going to the gym isn't the easiest thing to do, especially by yourself. We often drag someone along with us so we don't have to bare it alone. Having a friend go to the gym with you can be great. They support you, motivate you, help you if you fall or mess up, and they can make the workout session way more fun. But you shouldn't get too comfortable having someone go with you all the time.

I hated going to the gym, especially alone. I felt uncomfortable, intimidated and like everyone was staring at me thinking, "what the hell is she doing here?" "she doesn't even know what a dumbbell is." So I brought someone with me. A few times I went with my sister and many times I went with my friend(s). It was great and I started to feel a lot more comfortable and less intimidated. Then, I did the unthinkable... I went by myself. 

Yes, I know it's crazy. But I put my big girl pants on and did it. In all honesty it's not terrible at all. You just have to get yourself there. For some, it's not easy to do. But if you follow these simple steps you'll be on your way to a better and more comfortable workout.

1. Pep Talk

Before you leave, look at yourself in the mirror and give yourself a pep talk. It's what I do. I tell myself I am flawless, amazing, I know what I'm doing, and I'm going to crush this workout. And then boom! I walk in there like I own that place. You should do the same. If you tell yourself you are capable of doing it, you'll do it. 

2. Music

Always bring an electronic device that plays music to the gym with you. If once you get in there you feel overwhelmed put your headphones on and blast some quality tunes. Music definitely helps me stay focused and blocks out everything that's going on around me. I also throw in some dance moves here and there to let all my nervous energy out and just because I like to dance in general. 

3. This Is Your Time 

If for some reason you still feel uncomfortable, keep reminding yourself that this is your time and your time only. You are there to get that body you've always wanted, to feel good about yourself whatever the reason/goal may be and you aren't gonna let anyone get in the way of that. So just focus on you, honey. 

I don't always go to the gym by myself, I have friends that I go on "gym dates" with but when our schedules conflict with each others, we go on our own. That's the moral to all of this, if you want to stay motivated and go to the gym you need to be able to go on your own. You can't always rely on someone to go with you. 

So you just gotta do it. Do it once and you're bound to do it again. Then keep doing it until it becomes a normal thing. Once you start getting the hang of it you'll realize how great working out by yourself is.