Just a few short weeks ago I was going about my typical college schedule: going to class, attending club meetings, and doing homework for endless hours. Last Friday, I received a call from my mother telling me that my grandfather was in the hospital and that I should come home as soon as possible. During one of my visits to see my grandfather in the hospital, I came across David's Tea. 

I had never had tea or coffee, nor had I ever heard of David's Tea so I was curious to see what the establishment had to offer. 

I heard that tea could be relaxing so I decided to give it a try because my anxiety and depression were reaching an all-time high at the time and I was looking for any sort of healthy relief. 

Atmosphere

Upon walking into the store, I was greeted by two employees who were very bubbly and outgoing. The pastel blue color of the walls instantly calmed my nerves and made me feel at ease. The wooden panels and vibrant colors made it very inviting and homey which is exactly what I needed after barely being at my own house for days.

Flavors

Looking up at the different tea flavors that lined the wall was a little overwhelming. Since I had never had tea before and would not consider myself a tea aficionado in the slightest bit, I tried to make sense out of the various types and flavors. 

Oolong, black, pu'reh, mate, riboos, green, white, herbal tea (the list goes on and on) were arranged against the wall in a rainbow pattern. Since I am a chocolate and sugar fanatic the flavors that caught my attention immediately were chocolate macaroon, chocolate rocket, cotton candy, white chocolate chai, and s'mores chai. 

S'mores Chai

The first flavor I ended up trying was s'mores chai. The friendly employee urged me to make it a latte because it tastes "superb" that way, so I took his advice and tried it out. 

When I took my first sip the warmth of the water against my tongue made me feel very relaxed and calm. This was the first time in a few days where I actually felt that everything was going to be alright, even if it was not perfect. The s'mores flavor was pretty subtle but it was just enough to get me hooked. 

The foam at the top from the milk frother was pretty tasty and added the perfect consistency to the drink. I also tried agave for the first time as a sweetener and loved it so much I'm going to use it as my new sugar substitute from now on. 

Chocolate Macaroon

Out of the three flavors I tried over the course of the week while spending time with my grandfather, this chocolate macaroon one was by far my favorite. It tasted to me like liquid chocolate and I was in heaven—and it only has 10 calories. 

While sipping this tea I felt happy, despite the negative circumstances surrounding my grandfather. This was the tea I was drinking before and after he passed away. It holds emotional value for me because I associate it with him being at peace and going to live with his wife in heaven, which provides me with a sense of comfort. 

Cotton Candy 

This flavor was probably my least favorite even though it tasted pretty good. It had a similar taste to cotton candy, but it tasted more like fruit water to me. This flavor reminded me of my grandfather after he passed because it brought back happy memories of us eating cotton candy while watching a movie. Although the taste was average, the memories that this drink held made me smile during a hard time. 

Final Thoughts

Prior to this experience with David's Tea, I always thought that I could do without it because I already had for so long. After trying it for the first time, I realized it had wonderful healing benefits that helped me during my time of grief and loss.

If you are dealing with the loss or grief and are looking for a healthy and relaxing way to cope, I suggest trying David's Tea.