At first, nut butters and cookies don't look like they have much in common. Nut butters are deemed a "health food," and cookies get a bad rep for being unhealthy. However, Buff Bake seeks to change this. Buff Bake is a brand dedicated to providing all-natural, high-protein, and delicious snack options. Created by a bikini competitor and her cousin, it's a combination of the best of both worlds: health and sweets. 

I was lucky enough to sample some of their nut butters and cookies, and here's what I thought.

Birthday Cake Almond Spread

I am a big birthday cake proponent. It's a fun flavor that when done right brings you back to your childhood and makes you smile. And Buff Bake definitely succeeded. Though there were no sprinkles in the actual spread, it didn't need them. This spread tasted like cake batter mixed with almonds. It was like I was eating dessert instead of eating a source of healthy fat with a whopping 11 grams of protein per serving.

Rocky Road Peanut Butter Spread

I was the most excited about this flavor, because it's something I've never heard of before. I mean, rocky road peanut butter? Sign me up! Although Buff Bake's take on rocky road had all the essential elements (chocolate, nuts, and even mini marshmallows!), I wish the chocolate flavor was a bit stronger. That would elevate this flavor from "good" to "great."

Chocolate Chip Peanut Spread

Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven. So why is it that we've just now combined them and made a peanut butter spread? I thank Buff Bake for satiating this need and desire. This flavor is not overly sweet (the chocolate is on the darker side) and the peanut butter shines through. My only critique is that its texture is a bit gritty. Other than that, two big thumbs up.

White Chocolate Peanut Spread

This flavor blew my mind. Being a lover of all things white chocolate, I knew that it was going to be creamy and rich. What I wasn't expecting was the saltiness of the peanuts to perfectly complement the sweet white chocolate in such a way that my tastebuds were singing. I absolutely adore Buff Bake's white chocolate flavor and will most likely purchase it again. 

Snickerdoodle Almond Spread

This was, by far, my favorite flavor. Buff Bake has mastered its recipe. Warm and cinnamon-y, it's like you took a snickerdoodle cookie and stuck it in a jar. The almond flavor adds a delightful bit of salty flavor that pairs perfectly with the rest of the ingredients. 10/10 would recommend trying this one out.

Chocolate Donut Protein Cookie

Buff Bake's cookies are unique in that they're much moister than other protein cookies. The chocolate donut flavor was perhaps the chewiest, and I enjoyed it. The frosting and sprinkles on top gave the chocolate cookie the "donut" feel, and I enjoyed it.

Classic Chocolate Chip Protein Cookie

Chocolate chip cookies are America's favorite, and for good reason. When done well, this classic brings feelings of nostalgia and warmth. When done poorly, it can be kind of depressing. Buff Bake does a commendable job, with large chunks of chocolate chips encompassed by an almond butter-infused dough. However, it's a little too crumbly for my liking.

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Protein Cookie

Double chocolate chip cookies are perfect when you feel like you can't get enough chocolate, and Buff Bake makes sure you get a whole lot of chocolate. The flavor is stronger than the chocolate spreads, and with chocolate chunks, you definitely get your cravings satisfied.

Birthday Cake Protein Cookie

Buff Bake sure knows how to do birthday cake well. This flavor was the best because it was moist, soft, and taste exactly like a birthday cake. And, come on, with 16 grams of protein per cookie? It's hard to find a cookie that's as nutritionally dense as this.

Buff Bake has a lot of really solid products, and I think that the company can only go up from here. They're constantly introducing new flavors (like a unicorn inspired almond spread!) and improving their recipes, and I can't wait to see what they come out with and try out some more goodies!