If you're like me and you think walking up the Million Dollar Stairs once is enough exercise for the week, you probably don't even know that the Plex offers fitness classes. Well, you're welcome. Everyday there are 10 or so different, free fitness classes you can try. So instead, take the elevator all week and make your way to the plex for one of these amazing classes. 

1. Total Body HIIT Express 

tea
Audrey Jones

If you want the body of the hardos that stay at the gym for hours but have the motivation of a normal human being, this HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) class is for you. This class has circuit combinations of strength and cardio drills through interval training to provide a total body workout in only 30 minutes. It should be a part of any Boston College's lazy girl fitness plan

2. Barre Fitness 

meat, wine, pizza
Audrey Jones

Even though this class incorporates ballet-inspired lower body work into its routine, no dance experience is necessary. With that being said, it is a must-attend at the Plex. In addition to the obvious reasons for why barre should be a part of your fitness routine, the instructors and format of the classes offered make this class an essential workout to try at Boston College.  

3. Total Body Circuits 

coffee, tea, beer
Audrey Jones

This class was designed with different fitness levels in mind, allowing for modifications and people to go at their own pace. It also works your entire body, so if you aren't the type to spend an entire day on "leg day" (like seriously, what is leg day?) then it's a great course that certainly will leave you sore and proud of yourself.  

4. Fitlates 

coffee, beer
Audrey Jones

The word-play used in the title certainly mislead me into thinking this class was going to be a low intensity, mild workout. The amount of planks I did during the course of the class almost matched the amount I did during the Great Planking Fad of 2012. This class will certainly get your heart rate up while testing your strength, and it is a great course for those who are looking to take pilates to the next level. 

5. Spin

There is an abundance of spin classes offered at the plex, many of which I have attended. Although it's not exactly Soul Cycle, it's still a rewarding class that will burn an abundance of calories. If you're a first-time "spinner," there's nothing to be worried about. The instructors took the time to help me understand the bike and the flow of the course my first time.

While these are just a few of the options offered at the Plex, they're some of the best. Next time you're not feeling like you can self-motivate your workout, I would 10/10 recommend one of these classes.