With the summer on its way, Fro-yo or even fruit flavoured Yogurt seems like a healthy option. However, more often than not, commercial variants of frugurts are loaded with sugar. If you're conscious of the sugar you're eating, or just looking for a change to your yogurt, these Savory Yogurt Ideas are where its at! 

Yogurt is known to be extremely good for you, more so in the hotter months. Loaded with active cultures, calcium and protein, its a no brainer that you should be consuming it. Here are a few ways you can spice up your yogurt and enjoy the savory yogurt life.

1. Onions and Spices

An onion, finely chopped or even sliced lengthwise, a bit of paprika, and salt to taste. Pair it with some Biryani or have it all by itself- this classic combo never fails to please. Add a few pieces of Tomato and fresh Coriander for a pop of colour.

2. Boondi

Boondi are essentially fried gram flour balls. These spherical crunchy bits are readily available at any Indian Supermarket, and you can do so much with them! If you like the crunch, pour some over your yogurt and add salt to your taste (they can be salted or unsalted, sometimes even spiced). For a more melt in your mouth experience, boil around 2 cups of water for every half cup of boondi, add the boondi balls, and turn off the heat. Let the boondi soak up for about 5 minutes, and then strain them. Add these to your Yogurt, add salt and paprika and feast! Best eaten with Paranthas and Pulav.

3. Roasted Spices

Some roasted Cumin Seeds, Paprika and Salt are all you need to give Plain Old Yogurt a savory kick without any work! Bonus- if you're roasting Cumin, you can use it with everything else- roasted veggies, meat and even rice!

4. Tzatziki

This Greek Dip is one third of the trifecta that is Hummus, Pita and Tzatziki. Some hung curd, shredded cucumbers, garlic, salt and olive oil is all you need to recreate this fantastic dish and transport yourself to quaint Cafés in Greece. Pair with some Gyros and you're all set for a meal fit for an Ottoman Emperor.

5. Chaach

Eating yogurt is too mainstream, why not drink it? A ratio of three parts water for every one part of yogurt works the best for a consistency slightly thicker than water, but if you want something closer to a milkshake, just double the quantity of water to yogurt. Add salt, some pepper, paprika, roasted cumin and fresh mint leaves- put your sunnies on and enjoy the summer heat with an ice cold glass of chaach!

So what are you waiting for? Go ahead, grab that yogurt jar and whip up some drool worthy concoctions!