The most wonderful time of the year is finally here. Sure, there is not a speck of snow on the ground yet but that doesn’t mean we can’t be festive through the food we make. Some people go all out when it comes to making food for holiday parties. I’m the type who usually sticks to the usual desserts like peppermint bark.

This year, though, my sister and I decided to be adventurous. These tagalong treats are so simple to make (no need to pre-heat that oven) and remind us how much we love Tagalong Girl Scout cookies (chocolate and peanut butter is the perfect combo). And these cakes are bite-sized, how cute is that?

Tagalong Cakes

• Prep Time:3 hours
  • Cook Time:45 minutes
  • Total Time:3 hours and 45 minutes

• 1 frozen pound cake
  • 3 tablespoon peanut butter
  • 16 oz chocolate melting wafers
  • Holiday sprinkles
  • Mini cupcake liners
Photo by Sarina Raman

Take out frozen pound cake and let it thaw at room temperature for about 2 hours. Cut the cake into slices with a medium-sized width.

Photo by Sarina Raman

Use a 1-inch cookie or biscuit cutter to create mini circles from the sliced pound cake.

Photo by Sarina Raman

Place 2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter into a zip lock bag. Cut a small hole at the tip of the bag and squeeze a dab of peanut butter onto each circle. Spread peanut butter evenly on top with a knife. Once finished, place the circles into the freezer for 30 minutes.

#SpoonTip: Make sure the peanut butter is solid on top of the cake. This will make the final product look very smooth. 

Photo by Sarina Raman

Melt the chocolate wafers in a microwavable-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Mix and heat again, if necessary, at 15 second intervals.

Photo by Sarina Raman

Dip the small circles into the chocolate with a fork and tap it to the edge of the bowl to remove the excess chocolate.

Photo by Sarina Raman

Spread festive sprinkles and pop them into the fridge for another half hour. Once finished, place the treat in small cupcake liners.

Photo by Sarina Raman