I know, I know — you can’t wait until you’re safely away from all of your school work, cuddled up next to a large slice of pumpkin pie. But, sadly, it’s not Thanksgiving yet and there is no pie in sight. Don’t panic.

For now we can celebrate Spoonsgiving with a few Spoon recipes to tie you over until turkey day.

Dessert

Let’s start with dessert because wouldn’t life be beautiful if dessert always came first?

1. White Chocolate Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies

thanksgiving

Photo by Tilden Bissell

These. Cookies. Are. Bomb. And they’re so easy to make, which is perfect because all of the hard work should be saved for cooking on Thanksgiving. The cranberries in the cookie add a nice hint of sweetness. But, they’re not overpowering so you’re not all cranberried out before Thanksgiving.

2. Pumpkin Keg

thanksgiving

Photo by Sydney Gabel

It wouldn’t be fall without pumpkin, right? No pumpkin pie here, though; we’ll save that for Thursday. Enjoy a pre-Thanksgiving turn up with a pumpkin keg. One last rager with your friends before you go home to face your family’s questions about your post-graduation plans.

3. Cinnamon Apple Crescent Rolls

thanksgiving

Photo by Lauren Eiden

There always seems to be the rolls that no one cares about on the Thanksgiving table. These rolls have been upgraded from random add-on to cinnamon dessert. They’re super easy to make and you can even call your mom to tell her you’ve been eating fruit. She’ll be so proud of your healthy living that you’ll get extra dessert on Thanksgiving. #Blessed

4. Brown Sugar Roasted Sweet Potatoes

thanksgiving

Photo by Rachel Connors

You could make sweet potato casserole or sweet potato pie but let’s be real, you’re a busy young-adult and ain’t nobody got time for that. This easy recipe doesn’t have many steps so you can shop online (for bigger Thanksgiving pants) while it cooks.

Side Dishes

Thanksgiving would be nothing without the endless side dishes to pass around, and it’d be so boring if all you got was some turkey.

5. Puff Pastry-Wrapped Asparagus

thanksgiving

Photo by Sarah Stettin

When you get home your mom is definitely going to make sure you eat a bunch of gross veggies you never liked as a kid and still don’t. Prepare for the inevitable with these awesome veggies wrapped in crescent rolls.

6. Bacon-Wrapped Mashed Potato Cheese Bombs

thanksgiving

Photo by Amy Erikson

These mashed potato bombs are, well, bomb. You’ll feel just like you’re at home when you taste the creamy mashed potatoes. Also, bacon and cheese, because everything is better with bacon and cheese.

7. Hassleback Baked Potatoes

thanksgiving

Photo by Amanda Shulman

If you go back for seconds on anything it’s always the potatoes, right? Hasselback potatoes are criminally easy and equally good. The potatoes pull apart so it’s like a playful snack. Two thumbs up for food you can play with.

8. Classic Stuffing

thanksgiving

Photo by Liz Kaplan

If you absolutely cannot wait to eat your mom’s stuffing at home and need that bready goodness now this is the only way to go. This recipe will take a little more skill than the others, but the pay off is worth it.

9. Bacon Mac and Cheese Jalapeño Poppers

thanksgiving

Photo by Rob Arrasate

These are so good you might just want to remake them on actual Thanksgiving. Jalapeño poppers can be kind of spicy. But the little bit of heat is so worth it to get the taste of mac and cheese before you go home.

Now you can wait for Thanksgiving with a full stomach.

thanksgiving

Gif courtesy of popsugar.com