In honor of the lazy, frigid days of winter, here’s a recipe for the easiest soup you will ever make. Made entirely of vegetables, this carrot ginger soup will shock you with its secretly irresistible flavor.

Just throw stuff in a pot and an oven, blend it all together, and voila. The perfect homemade soup you’ve been dreaming of for this stay-in weather that will provide you with the vitamin A you need. As an added bonus, you can swap out the roasted carrots for any other desired vegetable to make a soup that is just as amazing. You won’t believe how simple it is to make your new favorite lunch item.

Easy

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes

Servings: 4

1/4 cup celery, roughly chopped
1/2 cup onion, roughly chopped
5 carrots, 3 whole, 2 roughly chopped
4 cups water
1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger
Spray coconut or olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Note: Wegmans sells freshly chopped celery, onion, and carrots as a “soup starter” in a convenient package.

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.

Photo By Jacky Falkenberg

2. Place the chopped celery, onion, and carrots into a pot with the water and bring to a boil.

carrot ginger soup

Photo By Jacky Falkenberg

3. On a baking sheet, spray the remaining three carrots with oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Put the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender.

carrot ginger soup

Photo By Jacky Falkenberg

5. Blend the reduced pot of vegetable water with the carrots and piece of ginger, then enjoy.

carrot ginger soup

Photo By Jacky Falkenberg

For more delicious winter recipes, check out: