The sun is finally out and nothing tastes like carefree summer days more than a refreshing frozen treat. Of course, you could go to Andy’s or Red Mango, but there is something particularly wonderful about whipping up a little sweetness for yourself (and your friends!). Try enjoying these 3-ingredient frozen pops out on the Lakefill, where you’re sure to languish longer than the bananas last.

Easy

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4-5 hours
Total Time: 4-5 hours

Servings: 9

3 bananas, sliced into thirds
1 cup chocolate chips (try dark chocolate for extra decadence)
2 tablespoons peanut butter
9 popsicle sticks
Wax paper

Directions:
1. Cut the bananas into thirds after peeling. Gently push a popsicle stick into each banana piece.

chocolate peanut butter banana pops

Photo by Hannah Lin

2. Lay the banana pops on wax paper and put them in the freezer while you complete steps 3-5.

chocolate peanut butter banana pops

Photo by Hannah Lin

3. Combine the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a bowl. Microwave the combination until melted (Keep an eye on the mixture so you don’t burn it!). Stir until smooth.

chocolate peanut butter banana pops

Photo by Hannah Lin

4. Pour the mixture into a tall drinking glass. Remove the bananas from the freezer.
5. Dip each banana in the glass and coat it completely.

chocolate peanut butter banana pops

Photo by Hannah Lin

6. Lay the bananas back down onto the wax paper and put them in the freezer. Remove after about 5 hours and enjoy! Note: For some added crunch, try sprinkling with crushed nuts before freezing.

chocolate peanut butter banana pops

Photo by Hannah Lin