Fancy a grilled cheese sandwich?

Well, prospects have never looked better for you. Especially if you love mushrooms. This five minute grilled mozzarella and mushroom sandwich will leave you with a ‘wich that oozes with flavor and stringy cheese, that will leave you craving for more and wishing that you’d just picked up a little more of that mozzarella at your local grocery store.

Eat it in front of your roommates and they’ll soon be wishing they had your cooking skills too.

Grilled Mozzarella and Mushroom Sandwich

• Prep Time:2 minutes
  • Cook Time:5 minutes
  • Total Time:7-10 minutes

• 2 slices mozzarella
  • 4-6 mushrooms
  • 1 pinch pepper
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon butter
  • 2 slices bread
  • Pesto (optional)

Wash the mushrooms, then peel the stem off the mushrooms, leaving only the cap.

Photo by Sabrina Yam

Slice the mushrooms.

Place slices of mozzarella evenly on the two slices of bread.

Photo by Sabrina Yam

Using a toaster oven, toast the bread and mozzarella for approximately 3 minutes until the cheese is golden brown.

Photo by Sabrina Yam

Melt butter in a small pan, and then stir in the mushrooms. Cook mushrooms on low heat (high if you’re impatient) for 3 minutes, until they turn darker and softer.

#SpoonTip: Cooking mushrooms in butter brings out their taste better than cooking it in plain vegetable oil. 

Season mushrooms with salt and pepper as needed.

Lay mushrooms on the toasted cheese bread and put the two halves together to make a sandwich.

All that’s left is to ~enjoy~.

Photo by Sabrina Yam