Spoon University Logo
red velvet cookies 15
red velvet cookies 15
Recipes

Red Velvet Cookies So Good You’ll Forget You’re Forever Alone

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Yale chapter.

Valentine’s Day can be a tough, disappointing day for many people, regardless of whether or not you are in a relationship, but cookies make it bearable. No matter whether you are desperately searching for someone and single, casually seeing someone who won’t make a move, or just unhappy in your current relationship, you need a little extra sweetness in your life. 

Look no further than this recipe. Personally, I can’t get enough chocolate, especially on holidays, when I basically give myself a free pass to eat all the chocolate candy, cookies, and cakes I want. Truffles? Yes. Cupcakes? 100%. Triple chocolate chip cookies dipped in milk chocolate and iced with ganache. Of course. I am definitely a chocolate lover, and these cookies do not disappoint. 

Simple Red Velvet Cookies

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 10 minutesCook time: 10 minutesTotal time: 20 minutesServings:18 servings

Instructions

1. Vivian Armitage

Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.

2. Vivian Armitage

Add butter to the mixture.

3. Vivian Armitage

Beat the butter into the flour mixture.

4. Vivian Armitage

Stir in the brown sugar and granulated sugar.

5. Vivian Armitage

Add the egg, milk, vanilla and red food coloring.

6. Vivian Armitage

Stir until combined.

7. vivian Armitage

Fold in chocolate chips.

8. Vivian Armitage

Scoop out onto a lined cookie sheet.

9. Vivian Armitage

Bake at 350° until the cookies are cooked through.

10. Vivian Armitage

Enjoy with a tall glass of milk!

I am an avid baker, die-hard runner, and a lover of red nail polish. I hate milk in my coffee and sugar in my tea. I adore Ethiopian food and vegan pizza, but despise all fried fare. I love finding powerful quotes and listening to undefinable “good” music. The perfect Friday night would be spent sitting on a couch with friends, eating frozen mango, and chatting while “The Office” played in the background.