Spoon University Logo
IMG 8854
IMG 8854
Recipes

Make This Homemade Traditional Italian Pizza and You’ll Never Order Domino’s Again

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at West Chester chapter.

Us Italians know these three things pretty well: pizza, pasta, and getting your point across (at least in my household). This Italian pizza recipe has made our Friday nights full of laughter and fuller stomachs. Once you go homemade, you’ll never order out again.

Traditional Italian Pizza

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 20 minutesCook time: 25 minutesTotal time: 45 minutesServings:2 servings

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.

2. Photo by Rebecca Poole

Roll out your dough. A recipe can be found here.

3. Photo by Rebecca Poole

Put the grape tomatoes in a food processor to slightly mash, or do it by hand with a fork. Add to the can of tomato sauce.

4. Photo by Rebecca Poole

Spread sauce with a spoon over your dough.

5. Photo by Rebecca Poole

Grab a handful of mozzarella and go cray.

6. Photo by Rebecca Poole

Starting with peppers, add the toppings.

7. Photo by Rebecca Poole

Sprinkling the Parmigiano-Reggiano, oregano, and basil adds that Italian touch that makes all the difference.

8. Photo by Rebecca Poole

Bake for 20-25 minutes. It’s done when the bottom is golden-brown. The crispier, the better.

Loves baking anything that involves berries, finding new things to put on pizza, and re-watching Gossip Girl. Probably whilst on my third cup of tea.