Spoon University Logo
IMG 3591 copy
IMG 3591 copy
Recipes

These Pizza-Stuffed Chicken Breasts Will Upgrade Your Weeknight Dinners

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at UGA chapter.

Traditional chicken parmesan consists of breaded chicken with mozzarella and sauce on top, but this twist takes chicken parmesan to a whole new level. By stuffing the chicken breast instead, you get a whole new combination of flavor.

Using cherry tomatoes and mozzarella for the stuffing makes the meal lighter and gives it a more refreshing taste. This is a great recipe to add to your arsenal, even for novice college cooks like me.

Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 15 minutesCook time: 40 minutesTotal time: 55 minutesServings:1 servings

Instructions

1. GIF by Hui Lin

Slice the chicken breast into tenders. Core each tender carefully, lengthwise. Stuff the tender with mozzarella cheese sticks and pieces of tomato.

2. GIF by Hui Lin

Mix panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Then take each tender and dip it into the egg, then into the breadcrumb mixture.

3. GIF by Hui Lin

Cook for about 40 minutes at 350℉.

4. GIF by Hui Lin

Let them cool, garnish with basil and additional mozzarella. Enjoy.

Hello! My name is Hui, and I am a first year pharmacy student at UGA. My hobbies include photography, videography, reading, swimming, and napping. My favorite things in the world are food, sleeping, aesthetic, and cats (although I am allergic).