Spoon University Logo
IMG 5067 1
IMG 5067 1
Recipes

Have The Ultimate Taco Tuesday With These Bangin’ Black Bean Burritos

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at PITT chapter.

Postpone Meatless Monday to Taco Tuesday this week with these vegetarian black bean burritos. It’s a super easy and super quick recipe that will please veggie-heads and meat-eaters alike.

The heart of this meal is a simple black bean base and creamy avocado-lime sauce. There are only 8 necessary ingredients, making this recipe perfect for your college student budget. I absolutely recommend adding in some extra classic ingredients like hummus, corn, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese—go wild.

Vegetarian Black Bean Burritos

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 10 minutesCook time: 10 minutesTotal time: 20 minutesServings:5 servings

Instructions

1. Photo by Santina Renzi

Add the beans, salsa, and cumin into a large sauce pan and heat on medium for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

2. Photo by Santina Renzi

To make the sauce, add avocado, lime juice, olive oil, agave and salt to a blender and mix until smooth.

3. Photo by Santina Renzi

Build the burrito as you please with any additives you choose. I added hummus, baby spinach and corn for the win.

4. Photo by Santina Renzi

Wrap up that black bean goodness as though you were gently swaddling a precious baby child. First, fold one side towards the middle.

5. Photo by Santina Renzi

Wrap the bottom flap upwards.

6. Photo by Santina Renzi

Fold in the other side for tortilla-wrapped perfection and let the fiesta begin.