Spoon University Logo
Recipes

6 Cocktails With Cranberry To Make This Season

When a new season rolls around, you search for a new scent, style, flavor, and beverage to encapsulate the essence of the time. If there is one cocktail mixer that seems to be able to fit with any time of year, it is cranberry. The bold red coloring fits with the brightness of winter and summer, the eeriness of Halloween, the coziness of fall, and the vividness of spring. Cranberry is a mixer that pairs nicely with other flavors yet can stand well on its own. You can customize it to your liking with cranberry, sweeten up your drink, or make it more tarte. Here are six cocktails with cranberry that will satisfy any season!

Cranberry Apple Cider Margaritas

@samanthabauchmann

Cranberry Apple Cider Margaritas // for when its still 90 degrees outside but you’re craving fall #cocktailrecipes #fallvibes #partyideas #applecider #fall #cocktails #momof4 #hosting #contentcreator #foodie #autumnvibes #cocktail #margarita #easyrecipe #thanksgiving #partytime #fypシ゚viral INGREDIENTS: 7 cups apple cider (2 parts) 7 cups cranberry juice (2 parts) 7 cups Blanco Tequila (2 parts) 3.5 cups Cointreau (1 part) Apple cider + cinnamon sugar for rim Apple slices, cinnamon sticks for garnish INSTRUCTIONS: 1) In a large drink dispenser, add apple cider, cranberry juice, tequila and cointreau. Stir to combine. Set up a drink station by adding plates of simple syrup and cinnamon sugar for the rim, and bowls of apple slices and cinnamon sticks for garnish. Serve and enjoy!

♬ Bed Chem – Sabrina Carpenter

This drink by @samanthabauchmann is a great one to batch-make for any upcoming parties or events to get your guests into the cozy, fall mood. Mix equal parts apple cider, cranberry juice, and tequila together then add half the amount of Cointreau. For a spicy, fall flavor addition, rim your glasses with apple cider and cinnamon sugar and garnish your marg with cinnamon sticks and apple wedges. 

Christmas Mimosa

Looking for a simple spin on a classic bev for your next holiday party? This Christmas mimosa from @bevsbybeverly has got your back. Replace your orange juice with cranberry juice, shake with ice to chill, then top with champagne. If you want to add an ode to the traditional mimosa, garnish your holiday drink with an orange slice.

Winter Aperol Spritz

The spritz of the summer was a battle between Aperol and Hugo, but Aperol is leaving summer behind and charging ahead to fall and winter. This cocktail from @coaster.to.coaster requires a bit of advanced planning as the best results recommend freezing your ice with some garnishes. Add a few cranberries, an orange slice, and a rosemary sprig to your ice tray next time you run out so you can make this interesting bev! Once you have your fancy ice, simply drop it into a glass and top it with two ounces of Aperol, one ounce of spiced cranberry syrup or juice, and finish with Prosecco and sparkling water. This spritz variation can take you through the end of the year!

Cranberry Gin Fizz Cocktail

@fromoliviaskitchen

NEW✨ Cranberry Gin Fizz ❤️ Celebrate the holidays with a burst of festive flavor in this Cranberry Gin Fizz cocktail. Crafted with gin and the zing of fresh cranberries, this seasonal cocktail is the perfect balance of tart, sweet, and bubbly. SAVE this post and find the recipe linked in my bio! https://oliviaskitchen.com/cranberry-gin-fizz/ . . . #ginfizz #holidaydrinks #cocktailrecipes #christmascocktails #holidaycocktails #cranberrycocktail #cranberrygincocktail #cranberry

♬ original sound – christmas sounds 🎄

This bev from @fromoliviaskitchen is for all the gin lovers out there. To begin crafting this drink start by rimming your glass with sugar and placing a large ice cube in the bottom. Next up, grab your gin of choice and pour in two ounces. After that, work your hand muscles and freshly squeeze one ounce of lemon juice. The star of the show comes next, top your masterpiece with two ounces of cranberry juice and finish by filling the rest of the glass with a cranberry ginger ale. If you find the drink to be a little too tart as is, consider adding a little bit of simple syrup. Don’t forget about aesthetics. Garnish your cocktail with a few sugared cranberries and a lemon slice. 

Candy Cane Martini 

@diycocktailguy

11/50 cocktails of Christmas. Let’s make a Candy Cane Martini! This one was so delicious and sweet! Recipe/ingredients In your shaker add plenty of ice 45mls or 1.5oz Vodka 60mls or 2oz Cranberry Juice 45mls or 1.5oz Pineapple Juice (this helps with sweetness & gives the drink a lighter candy cane like colour. I really enjoyed it in this one) 30mls or 1oz Lime Juice A couple drops of peppermint extract (you can use peppermint schnapps or White Crème de Menthe for the peppermint taste) Shake all together and strain into your garnished candy cane glass. Add in some sparkly editable glitter for ultimate Christmas effect! Enjoy #cocktails30sec #christmas #christmascocktails #fyp

♬ original sound – luhvrlyrics

Once again if you are looking to get in the wintery, holiday mood, try this peppermint and cranberry cocktail. For @diycocktailguy’s recipe, you will need vodka, pineapple juice, lime juice, peppermint extract, and of course, cranberry juice. This combination melds together a variety of flavors to create the perfect balance of sweet and minty. The color is perfection. You end with a beautiful, softer red that can be enhanced with edible glitter for some holiday flair as well as some crushed candy canes.   

Cranberry Sunset

@bardedicated

✨️ Sip on the essence of a perfect evening with our “Cranberry Sunset” cocktail🍹 🌊 This vibrant concoction blends the tartness of cranberries with the smooth whispers of vodka and a citrusy splash of grapefruit, crafting an unforgettable mix that dances like the last rays of the sun on the horizon. Cheers to endless summers🥂 #CranberrySunset #cocktailtime #sunsetdrinks #cranberrycocktail #vodkacocktails #drinkstagram #cocktaillovers #sunset #happyhour #partydrink #tiktokcocktail #bardedicated

♬ Sunrise – Official Sound Studio

This beautiful orange drink by @bardedicated is bound to make your day at least a little bit brighter. This easy-to-make bev includes vodka, cranberry juice, and grapefruit juice. Simply pour the three ingredients into a glass filled with ice, give them a mix, and voila, you have a stunning sunset orange color. Plop an orange slice on top and enjoy.

Beth Shoop is a member of the Spoon University National Writers Program as well as a student at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. In her role at Spoon University, she researches, analyzes, and writes stories surrounding the latest food trends, content creators, and other breaking news in the food and drink world! Beth is a rising senior majoring in journalism with minors in digital media analytics, sports communication, and leadership. Beyond Spoon University, Beth works as the editor-in-chief of Her Campus at UW–Madison, where she writes, edits, and publishes all lifestyle articles written by club members. Additionally, Beth has written for UW–Madison’s student newspaper, The Daily Cardinal, acted as the Communications Associate for the Wisconsin Union, and worked as the Vice President of Media for CHAARG, an all-female workout and wellness group at UW–Madison. In her free time, Beth can be found going on walks around the stunning UW–Madison campus, taking classes at her local spinning studio, or grabbing coffee with friends. She loves ending her night with a few episodes of Modern Family, a Netflix dating show, or Dance Moms (it’s a must-watch for a Pittsburgh Native).