Spoon University Logo
Recipes

6 Must-Try Desserts That You Can Make In An Air Fryer

As a college student living on their own, an air fryer is practically a must-have at this point. I use my air fryer to cook tofu, veggies, potatoes, garlic bread, pizza — anything can be air-fried, trust me. It takes less time to cook, and it’s always delicious. However, I’d never thought of making desserts with my air fryer. A whole new world of possibilities opened when all sorts of air-fried desserts started popping up all over TikTok, especially air-fried s’mores. Air-fried s’mores have become the sweet treat of the month with 14K videos under the #smoresdip hashtag as more and more people try this tasty treat. It’s with good reason, air-fried s’mores are the perfect treat to end summer and celebrate the start of fall. Here’s a list of delicious and unbelievably easy-to-make air fryer desserts that you need to make.

S’mores Dip

It’s s’mores, so of course there are only three ingredients: chocolate (either a bar or chocolate chips), marshmallows, and graham crackers. 

@debtrette

the way my jaw hit the floor 👀 best s’mores dip in my life! #smoresdip #airfryerrecipes #easyrecipe #desserts

♬ I MEAN CAMARADERIE – Clio

It’s simple — @debtrette on TikTok fills the air-frying pan with chocolate at the bottom, then add marshmallows, top with more chocolate, and fry those bad boys at 350 degrees F for five minutes, or until the marshmallows are golden and the chocolate is melted. 

Use graham crackers (or whatever your heart desires, really) for dipping, and bam! You’ve got a delicious sweet treat that you can bring to parties, meetings, hang-outs, or just eat by yourself in the comfort of your home.

Fried Oreos

Up next is a classic carnival must-have: fried Oreos. Normally the classic is an Oreo dipped in pancake batter and then fried. For this recipe, Morgan Chomps on TikTok uses a pack of any type of Oreos and dough. This recipe recommends crescent roll dough, which you can find at just about any grocery store in the baking aisle. 

Just cover the Oreos in the dough making sure there are no air bubbles between them and cook them in the air fryer tray. Once they’re golden brown, flip them and cook the other side. You can cover them in powdered sugar or cinnamon, and dip them in chocolate or caramel — really anything your heart desires.  This is an easy recipe without the excess oil and steps. 

Churros 

@maryannsdailyideas

Churros Recipe 🤩 Air Fryer Style✅ Video credit @Cooking with Raina Be sure to follow Her page for more recipes and amazing content 💖 🔥 Get ready to FLIP out over this AIR-FRY-tastic Churro recipe! 🤩✨ Don’t miss out on more culinary recipes – Follow us for sizzling content! 🔥🍟👩‍🍳 Cinna-CRUNCH Churros in the AIR-FRYER! ✈️🤯” Hey, foodie fam! 🙌 Today, we’re turning up the heat with a finger-lickin’ good churro recipe you can whip up in your AIR FRYER. 🔥✨ Follow along for this sweet adventure! Ingredients: * 1 cup all-purpose flour * 1 cup water * 1/4 cup unsalted butter * 2 tbsp sugar * 1/4 tsp salt * 1/2 tsp vanilla extract * 2 large eggs * Cooking spray (for the air fryer) * Cinnamon sugar mixture (for coating) * 1/2 c sugar * 1T cinnamon * Chocolate sauce (for dipping) Steps: 👉 In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar, salt, and water. Bring to a boil. 👉 Remove from heat, and stir in the flour until it forms a ball of dough. 👉 Add the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition until the dough is smooth. 👉 Transfer the churro dough into a piping bag fitted with a star tip. 👉 Preheat your AIR FRYER to 370°F (190°C). 👉 Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. 👉 Pipe the churro dough into the air fryer, cutting it with scissors to your desired length. 👉 Air fry at 350F (175C) for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. 👉 While they’re still warm, roll the churros in a cinnamon sugar mixture. 👉 Serve with a side of luscious chocolate sauce for dipping. 🍫✨ Dig into these CINNA-CRUNCH churros – the perfect crispy, sugary delight, no frying oil required! 😋👌 Enjoy, and remember to follow for more epic AIR-FRYER creations! 🎉. . . . . #airfryerrecipes #airfryertiktok #quickrecipies #FoodieFaves #QuickAndDelicious #crispyairfryer #tiktokcooking #dessertsoftiktok #churrosrecipe #cinnamonchurros

♬ original sound – Easy Fryer Eats

Churros are a delicious Spanish dessert that is often deep-fried to get the crispy texture of the exterior and the soft, chewy interior. They’re cinnamon-y, sugary, and crunchy, but still doughy, and are often dipped in chocolate, creme anglaise, caramel, or another sweet sauce. But did you know you could make churros in the comfort of your home with nothing but a pot, a bowl, and an air fryer? 

All you need for @maryannsdailyideas’ TikTok recipe is some basic ingredients: water, butter, flour, sugar, two eggs, vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon. Another full step-by-step recipe can be found here. Air-frying this popular dessert means they aren’t deep-fried with lots of oil, but the classic crispy, golden-brown exterior is maintained. It’s a quick, easy dessert that will no doubt satisfy your churro craving. 

Cookies

@daysi.lisbeth’s recipe surprised me — did you know you can air fry cookies instead of baking them in the oven? You can make your own cookie dough or a pack of store-bought dough. Just cover the air fryer tray with parchment paper, aluminum foil, or non-stick spray; put each ball of cookie dough on the air-fryer tray a few inches apart; and cook at 320 degrees F for 10 minutes until the cookies are perfectly crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside. 

This recipe recommends cooling the cookies for a few minutes before baking them, since the air fryer is a bit different than a traditional oven — although some air fryers do have a “bake” function, it’s not necessary for this recipe.

Brownies

@elixer.javier

#airfryerbread Series Episode 21: Fudgy Chocolate Brownies 100g melted chocolate (bitter sweet or semi sweet) – divide into 2 (50g melted, 50g chopped) 1/2 cup butter 115g (melted) 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar (120g) 1 egg (large) 1 teaspoon vanilla 1/2 cup or 60g all-purpose flour 2 tbsp or 15g cocoa powder 1/2 tsp salt Airfryer: do the foil method 180C with foil at 30min Then another 10 min without the foil @170C Pan: 6x6in square pan #fyp #foryou #foryoupage #airfryer #airfryerhack #tiktokph #tiktokphilippines #learnitontiktok #foodies #foodtiktok #foodtok #airfryerbrownies #elixercooks #elixer

♬ SABOR A MI (Versión Piano) – Alexis González

You’ve heard of mug brownies, now get ready for Elixer Javier’s air fryer brownies. You can use typical brownie batter ingredients or box mix — no need for modifications, unless you have a restriction (you can make them vegan or gluten-free too!). You can add any additions you like, such as walnuts, chocolate chips, or caramel. Put the batter in a pan with something to keep it from sticking to the inner part of the air fryer tray like aluminum foil, and cook at 330 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes (once pre-heated), or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.  Let it cool, and enjoy.

Apple Crisp

It’s officially fall now (happy Libra season to all who celebrate) so, of course. @icecreamwithjules’ fun and festive dessert option has to be included. Apple crisp (or crumble, or cobbler) is one of my all-time favorite cozy fall desserts, and I can’t wait to make it in my air fryer this season. 

Here’s the recipe: Granny Smith apples, cinnamon, lemon juice, maple syrup, rolled oats, brown sugar, butter, flour, and baking powder. If apples aren’t your thing, you can substitute them for another fruit of your choice, and you can also use gluten-free flour if you prefer, as well as coconut oil instead of butter. Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F and cook the dessert for about 15 minutes. This sweet treat would go great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and is a great option for an easy autumnal treat to share with friends. 

Meg Carey is a writer for Spoon University’s National Writers Program, covering all things food-related with a particular interest in coffee and all coffee-adjacent beverages (especially matcha!). They are currently studying creative writing with a minor in publishing at Emerson College. Meg has a serious passion for finding the best vegetarian and vegan eats in the area, and they are always excited to share those finds with the world. Beyond Spoon University, Meg also works as the Copyeditor for Concrete Magazine, the Design Manager for Wilde Press, and this past spring semester, they were Head Designer for Black Swan, another Emerson publication. They are currently interning at Campus Clipper, and have interned with Publishing Solutions Group in the past. Their works of fiction and poetry have been featured in Generic Magazine, 365tomorrows, and The Underground Literary Magazine. Meg can usually be found writing in a cafe (their substack is https://substack.com/@megcarey), hanging out with their cat (her name is Bunny!), or working out (probably either listening to an audiobook or to Britney Spears). They love reading sci-fi, horror, and romance (bonus points if it’s all three), as well as poetry in their spare time.