Esquire uses this recipe in the ‘Cooking for Men’ section and Cosmopolitan calls a variation of this dish ‘engagement chicken.’ What this means is that you should make this chicken if you don’t want to be forever alone. It’s easy, doesn’t require you to slave over the stove all night and looks freakin’ impressive.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
4 tablespoons canola oil
2 ½ boneless, skin-on chicken parts
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Sprinkle a generous amount of salt and pepper on all sides of chicken parts.
3. Heat cast iron pan over high heat, and add the canola oil.
4. Add the chicken skin-side down when the oil is hot and cook 3–5 minutes on each side until crispy and golden.
5. Remove from heat and put the pan in the oven to cook chicken for 20 more minutes.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon canola oil
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 bunches of broccoli rabe
¼ cup water or chicken broth
2 tablespoons salted butter
Salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes
1. Pour oils into a pan over medium heat and sauté garlic until golden.
2. Toss broccoli rabe in the oil, add water or broth, and cover.
3. Cook until most of the water has evaporated, about 8 minutes.
4. Remove cover, season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Drizzle with lemon juice and stir in butter. Serve with roasted chicken.