What’s better than a rich, creamy chocolate mousse full of flavor? A rich, creamy and healthy chocolate mousse that you can whip up with five ingredients in less than five minutes. When you’re dreaming of sweet indulgences but don’t want to rack up the calories, this recipe is your lifeline.
This mousse is the perfect balance between a scrumptious dessert and a nourishing snack. Avocado gives the mousse a thick, velvety feel with heart healthy fats and fiber. The banana adds a sweet dose of fruit and a creamy texture. Cacao, the Greek word for ‘food of the gods,’ is the real magic of this mousse.
Cacao is the raw, unprocessed form of cocoa beans and its high nutrient quality deems it a superfood. Antioxidants, magnesium and compounds that boost serotonin, the ‘happiness hormone’ are added bonuses that come along with the chocolatey flavor of cacao powder.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 2 cups
1. Pour almond milk into your blender. Then slice avocado in half and scoop contents into the blender.
2. Add cacao powder, vanilla and your banana to the blender.
3. Blend on high for 1-3 minutes. Stir mixture with a spoon, then blend again until smooth.
4. Scoop mousse into a cup.
5. Top your mousse with cacao nibs, sunflower seeds, berries… you name it.
6. Dig in and enjoy… guilt free.
Craving more healthy desserts? Check out these articles: