These delicious chocolate pumpkin muffins are absurdly easy to make; their only two ingredients are a can of pumpkin and your choice of chocolate cake mix. Honestly, they’re that simple. While the finished product is more chocolatey as far as flavor is concerned, the pumpkin does a great deal for the texture, making these muffins fluffy, moist and indulgent. Feel free to use any cake mix you like – I’ve tried this recipe with several different mixes and have yet to find one that doesn’t work. That said, these muffins could easily be made gluten-free, low-carb, or even Paleo-friendly with the appropriate cake mix.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 12 muffins
1 15oz can of pumpkin
1 package chocolate cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Grease a standard sized 12-cup muffin tin.
- Prepare cake mix as directed.
- Mix pumpkin and cake mix together in a medium sized bowl until well-combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, filling roughly 2/3 of each cup.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick can be removed cleanly from the center.
- Let cool, and enjoy.