If you’re in the mood for a healthy, simple meal, this warm vegetable medley is the way to go. It’s a great mix of vegetables with different tastes and textures (and colors!) that complement each other perfectly. If you don’t have one of the vegetables, feel free to swap it out for something else you have in your fridge. Your taste buds, your rules. This dish also goes great with quinoa or a side of brown rice. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time:40 minutes
1 red pepper
1 large carrot
Half a head of broccoli
Half an avocado
Handful of snap peas
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Peel the carrot and cut into into small pieces.
3. Place the whole pepper and carrot pieces on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, until the pepper and carrot are slightly brown.
4. Meanwhile, cut the broccoli into small florets.
5. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add broccoli, and cook for about 5 minutes. To make sure broccoli is done, pierce a piece with a toothpick. It should be easy to pierce, but not too soft.
6. Cut the avocado into small pieces.
7. When carrots and pepper are browned, slice the pepper into small pieces.
8. In a large bowl, combine carrots, pepper, avocado, broccoli, and snap peas, sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss, and serve!