For all you people out there already hating on this recipe because it is vegan, just hear me out.
You will not even know that this rich moist cake is dairy and egg free. You will be left in a chocolate coma for a few days and not even remember that this cake is 100% vegan.
So be hip and trendy today and make this vegan lava cake that you can brag about on Instagram.
Vegan Lava Cake
- Prep Time:10 secs
- Cook Time:20 secs
- Total Time:30 secs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 2.5 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips melted
- 2 squares quality vegan dark chocolate
Grease pans with cooking spray.
Dust pans with cocoa powder.
Activate vinegar and almond milk by mixing together in a small bowl.
In a large bowl mix applesauce, vinegar almond milk mixture, sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt to mixture
Fold in melted chocolate.
Pour mixture into prepared pans.
Insert vegan chocolate squares to batter and bake at 350 ° F for 20 minutes.
Let them cool for 5 minutes, then gently remove. Drizzle some chocolate on for extra chocolatey goodness.
Enjoy and get your vegan on!