The classic, indulgent chocolate chip cookie has been destroyed by break and bakes. Cookies should be so tempting and remarkable that people forget they are counting calories while happily devouring the sugary treats. If I see one more small, burnt pathetic cookie I’m going to cry. While this cookie recipe is not gluten-free, vegan or paleo-friendly; they sure are old-fashioned and simply, exactly what people crave. I’m bringing sexy (chocolate chip cookies) back.

Medium

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: About 30 minutes

Servings: 15 cookies

Ingredients: What you’ll need to wow the crowds…
4 sticks softened butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 eggs
4 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2  teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 bag chocolate chip chunks

1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Cream the butter and both sugars together until fluffy.

Tip: It may not be convenient, but bring out the mix master if you have one. Trust me, it’s worth it.spoon1

3. Add the vanilla and eggs into the mixture and beat for 3-4 minutes.spoon2

4. Gradually combine flour, salt and baking soda into the mix. Make sure to stop once all flour is mixed in, don’t over mix!
5. Once flour is mixed in, fold in chocolate chip chunks.spoon3

6. Now a crucial phrase to remember at this step is, “Size does matter.” Grab a half cup measuring cup and lightly pack it with scrumptious dough. Only about six should fit on one non-greased cookie sheet.spoon4

7. Bake for 8-10 minutes and when the cookies are slightly golden brown place on a cooling rack.spoon5Look at those beauties. Now, there are several things you can do with these cookies…

1. Turn the cookies into a towering art sculpture and serve with milk. It’s also like a magic trick because they disappear so quickly.spoon6

2. Don’t even bother baking the cookies and just eat the cookie dough, everyone knows it’s the best part anyway. Grab two spoons and share with a friend.spoon7

3. Make a double cookie! Form cookie dough into a ball around an Oreo cookie and bake regularly.  

spoon8
spoon9
spoon10

4. Dip cookies into melted white and milk chocolate. Sprinkle with even more mini chocolate chips if you’re a chocolate lover.
cookiechip

5. Put a generous scoop of ice cream in the middle of two cookies and create the best ice cream sandwich known to mankind.
spoon12

6. Make a mini pizza with any toppings you choose. Pictured below has a Nutella base, piled with gummy bears, marshmallows and mini chocolate chips.spoon13

Other awesome cookie recipes:
The Ex-Boyfriend Cookie
20 Things You Can Do With A Cookie
Bakery-Style Chocolate Brownie Cookies

Photos by Isabelle Langheim