If you’re on a health kick, you’re trying to cut out carbs or you just love the taste of banana, then you have just stumbled upon your new favorite pancake recipe.

Having a kitchen in college has given me the ultimate excuse for procrastination: I look up recipes, shop for ingredients and try cooking up something new. Luckily, my roommates have become my guinea pigs. When I first discovered this pancake recipe, we thought there was no way it could work. And even if it did work, there was no way it could be good. But, as much as I hate to admit it, we were SO wrong – my guinea pigs and I loved the pancakes. Now, I dare you to test it out.

Warning: You must like bananas in order to enjoy these pancakes. If you aren’t the biggest fan, try adding one of the following ingredients so they’re not so banana-y: cinnamon, vanilla extract or chocolate chips.
air max tailwind

Pancakes

Photo by Zoe Zaiss

Easy

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes

Servings: 6 mini pancakes

1 banana
2 eggs

1. Using a fork, mash the banana in a bowl.

Pancakes

Photo by Zoe Zaiss

2. Mix 2 eggs into the mashed banana and whisk together.

Pancakes

Photo by Zoe Zaiss

3. Pour the batter into a lightly oiled pan. You can make the pancakes as big as you’d like; however, the smaller the pancake, the easier it is to flip.

Pancakes

Photo by Zoe Zaiss

4. Add your favorite toppings! Maybe some chocolate for that sweet tooth (my go to), some strawberries to pair with the banana or you can stick to the classic syrup option.

Pancakes

Photo by Zoe Zaiss

Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?

Pancakes

Photo by Zoe Zaiss, Design by Amber Chen

If you master the 2-ingredient pancake and want to keep cooking up a storm, check out these recipes that are sure to satisfy your sweets craving: