You know what’s out of a college students’ price range? That shop downtown that makes the best Nutella crepes. You know what’s in a college students’ taste range? Those Nutella crepes at that shop downtown. This is a problem. But, I’m here to show you that crepes (of any kind) can cost less than an apple because chances are, you already have the ingredients to make these crepes sitting in your fridge. What’s even better is that these crepes do double duty — they can satisfy your sweet tooth or be a proper meal that even mom would be proud of.
Cook Time: 2 minutes per crepe
Total Time: 30 minutes
4 tablespoons cream cheese
2 slices of turkey
1. Put the eggs and cream cheese in a bowl and whisk until the cream cheese becomes a homogenous mixture with the egg.
2. Turn your stove on to 350°F, about medium-high, and coat a frying pan in olive oil.
3. Pour 3 spoonfuls of the mixture into the frying pan.
4. When the bottom side of the crepe is hard and a deep yellow color (or a little brown if you want to be safe), flip it over. Once both sides have cooked, remove the crepe from the pan and put on a plate.
5. Repeat the process until the mix has run out.
6. For a sweet crepe, spread one half of the crepe with Nutella, top with berries and then fold the other side over it.
7. For a savory crepe, place 2 slices of turkey on one half of the crepe, top with spinach and then sprinkle cheese on top. Fold the other side of the crepe over to eat.
Voila! You are now super-French, and you didn’t even have to leave your apartment.