As the clock struck midnight on March 28, 2015, Dartmouth students everywhere mourned for the loss of their hard alcohol and braced themselves for their tragic, Keystone-filled futures. For any beer-haters on campus, the blow was especially hard. No pun intended.

If the thought of only drinking terrible beer for the rest of your time here makes you sad, we’ve got a way for you to dress up your beer as something much more delicious and beautiful (the best kind of Cinderella story). Meet the “grapefruit radler,” your new go-to drink and/or soulmate.

This sweet thang will take you back to the days when you could make yourself a good cocktail before going out. Or, back to when you would fill a Solo cup with half vodka, half cranberry juice (guilty).

So pour one out for the hard liquor ban, and pour this grapefruit radler into your cup instead. It’s Spoon tested and Moving Dartmouth Forward approved.

transform beer

Easy

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes

Servings: 1

beer

Photo by Natalie Van Brunt

Cheap beer of choice (Keystone Light would be the true Dartmouth selection)
1 grapefruit
1 tsp agave nectar
Optional: Salt or sugar for around the rim

beer

Photo by Natalie Van Brunt

1. Slice and squeeze your grapefruit, being careful to remove any seeds. You may want to reserve a slice for garnish.

2. Add the teaspoon of agave nectar.

3. Pour beer into the juice mixture and mix well. Adjust to taste.

4. Serve in a glass. Salt or sugar the rim, and garnish with a grapefruit slice if desired.

beer

Photo by Natalie Van Brunt

transform beer

Still thirsty? We got you: