Getting together with a group of friends is always a good idea and adding food to the mix is an even better one. If you’re enjoying a night in with a movie and wine – replace the popcorn with bruschetta, a delicious Italian antipasto.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
3 cups diced tomatoes
5 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Chop tomatoes into small chunks.
3. Finely chop the basil.
4. Mince the the garlic.
5. Combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic and oil in a bowl.
6. Season the mixture with salt and pepper and stir well.
7. Sprinkle grated mozzarella on the baguette slices.
8. Bake slices for around 5 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Put a spoonful of the tomato mixture on each slice, serve and enjoy.
If you’re not a fan of tomatoes, try these bruschetta variations.