Love pasta but can’t afford the calories or carbs? I’ve got a delicious alternative for you: tofu noodles. Although they have quite a different texture than standard pasta noodles, tofu noodles are still a satisfying substitute. So far, I have found three great ways to enjoy these noodles. To prepare them, first follow three easy steps:
1. Drain the water from the tofu noodle packet.
2. Spray a pan with some olive oil spray.
3. Let noodles cook for 3-4 minutes in pan and drain any excess water.
Now for the toppings:
1. Mac and Cheese: Melt 2 Laughing Cow wedges either directly in the pan or in the microwave. Mix into noodles with a fork.
2. Marinara: Pour 5 tablespoons of tomato sauce or meat sauce in the pan with the noodles and sprinkle a handful of parmesan or mozzarella cheese on top.
3. Shrimp: Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the noodles, or olive oil if you prefer. Then add 5 cooked baby shrimp. Some great optional vegetables to add are tomatoes and broccoli. To finish it off, squeeze some lemon or sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top.