It’s finally time of year for the most colorful and flavorful produce, which means fresh, mouthwatering meals 24/7. If you’ve been searching for recipes to incorporate all those seasonal vegetables you find at the market, look no further. This summertime risotto is exactly what your tastebuds have been craving.
Summertime Vegetable Risotto
- Prep Time:25 minutes
- Cook Time:1 hour
- Total Time:1 hour, 25 minutes
- Advanced Course
- 1 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 cup tomates, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cup yellow corn kernels
- 1 zucchini
- 1 summer squash
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 cup low-sodium chicken/vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon teaspoons cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Add minced garlic and chopped zucchini, squash, bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms to a large mixing bowl.
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped vegetables from the mixing bowl, stir to combine, and let cook for two minutes.
Add the thyme leaves to the saucepan, stir to combine, and let cook until vegetables are tender and onion is translucent (about five minutes).
Stir in the corn kernels and rice. Cook until mixture becomes opaque (about two to three minutes).
Add the white wine. Stir until the liquid is fully absorbed by the rice.
Add the broth, ½ cup at a time, allowing the liquid to be absorbed by the risotto while continuing to stir before each addition. Continue stirring.
Add the tomato, green onion, basil, and half of the cheese. Add cream, if desired. Stir well to mix until the cheese is melted and all ingredients are incorporated. Serve the risotto with the remaining cheese.
There you have it –the perfect summertime risotto recipe.