September is just around the corner, which means college will be starting soon (if yours hasn’t already). And if you know that school is starting, then you know the excitement for the fall semester well—nice weather, not a lot of schoolwork, and of course, the holidays. And for many of us, with the holidays comes drinking. Shot, anyone?

One of those holidays—and arguably the best—is, of course, Halloween, the one time of the year where it is acceptable for young adults to get dressed up in all sorts of costumes, and party until the morning. In fact, various online countdowns have already marked that the excitement has officially begun.

In college, Halloween is synonymous with its wild parties, themed drinks, and late nights at your favorite bar. A study by Alcohol Monitoring Systems even found that average college rate of drinking increases on Halloween and during the week before.

Now, there are plenty classic scary Halloween themed drinks out there, but this one can and will disgust your friends like they have been before. I present to you, the Brain Hemorrhage Shot.

The Brain Hemorrhage Shot

• Prep Time:2 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:2 minutes

• 1 oz Peach Schnapps
  • 1 teaspoon Bailey's Irish Cream
  • 1 splash Grenadine
  • 1 splash Blue Curaçao (optional)
Photo by Evan Caligor

Fill a shot glass 2/3 with Peach Schnapps.

GIF By Evan Caligor

Then fill the glass just below the rim with Bailey’s.

GIF By Evan Caligor

Wait a minute for the Bailey’s to curdle and begin to look like a brain.

Gif by Evan Caligor

Top it off with a splash of Grenadine for blood.

GIF By Evan Caligor

Add a splash of Blue Curaçao for an even more gory-looking drink (optional).

GIF By Evan Caligor

Enjoy the look of disgust on your friends’ faces as you down these gnarly looking shots that look like brains, but actually taste like yummy peaches and cream.

GIF By Evan Caligor