The pinnacle of Canadian cuisine has always been the mouth-watering poutine. French fries, cheese curds, and gravy create one of the best meals you’ve ever experienced. You can enjoy a poutine in all its classic, savoury glory or dress it up with extra toppings like bacon and veggies.
Yup, you heard me right. The poutine pizza: a pizza with crispy fries and ooey gooey cheese topped with gravy. We can see you drooling, but it is totally okay to lose your cool over the greatest, edible invention since the cronut.
I guarantee that the combination of poutine and pizza will have you begging for more. This simple, step-by-step guide will ensure that you can always satisfy your craving for the best drunk food that Canada has to offer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 premade frozen pizza crust
1 packet gravy mix
3 handfuls frozen French fries
1 cup cheese curds
1. Place fries on a baking sheet or tray and cook until halfway done, according to the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, prepare gravy by following the package directions.
3. Place frozen pizza crust on baking tray and cover crust with a thin layer of gravy.
4. Top with desired amount of fries.
5. Place in oven at 375ºF for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, and top with cheese curds.
7. Add more gravy on top of cheese and fries.
8. Return to oven for 10 minutes.
Can’t get enough Canadian goodness? Check out these articles.