Whether you’re unable to rip the bong due to your sore throat (or minor case of pneumonia) or headed on any sort of bus/train/car trip that will last more than two hours, this is definitely a time and place for edibles. You could hit up your dealer for brownies or a dispensary for the real stuff if you live in a state which permits you to do so, but not all of us are so lucky.

While a recent article in Well and Good referred to cannabis as potentially the next new superfood to be added to gourmet recipes, we know that we are college students on a budget. While it would be a dream to get high off butternut squash soup or a gluten-free cake, I know many college students that would eat a moldy sandwich off the floor if it was packed with a gram or two.

If you’re looking for an amateur, easy way to get stupid high, pass out and wake up still high, look no further than the firecracker. For a live demonstration, watch the Wisdom Teeth episode of Broad City. You won’t be sorry.

#SpoonTip: This recipe calls for weed but I used oregano because WEED IS ILLEGAL IN MOST STATES. If you live in Colorado, Washington, Oregon or Alaska, feel free to substitute weed. Don’t do drugs, kids. Unless they’re legal.

For variety, substitute Nutella for the peanut butter or switch the graham crackers out for saltines. Remember to give the firecracker time to sink in before you freak out and eat too many (trust me). Eat responsibly!

Firecrackers

• Prep Time:8 minutes
  • Cook Time:22 minutes
  • Total Time:30 minutes

• 4 teaspoon peanut butter (organic works best)
  • 8 graham crackers
  • 1 gram that OG danky dank kush
Photo by Ari Richman

Lay out 8 graham crackers on a plate and coat each one generously with peanut butter.

Photo by Ari Richman

After grinding it as finely as possible, sprinkle weed onto the peanut butter on top of four out of the eight crackers. Try to keep it in an even layer towards the center of the cracker. Distribute an even amount of weed on each cracker (each cracker = ~.25g or 1/4 of how much weed you are using).

Photo by Ari Richman

Place each remaining peanut butter covered cracker atop the weed-sprinkled crackers.

Photo by Ari Richman

Wrap each sandwich completely in tinfoil.

Photo by Ari Richman

Set your toaster oven to 320ºF and cook for 22 minutes.

Photo by Ari Richman

Consume, wait 45ish minutes, and enjoy.