If you’ve been dreaming of the day when you could eat an entire batch of raw ‘cookie dough’ in one sitting and still feel like you have a shred of self-respect left, you have come to the right place, my friends. And this is healthy, unlike your generic cookie dough so you won’t feel like death afterwords.

After having jaw surgery, I made this shiz on the daily and still never managed to get sick of it. I’m telling you, we’re really on to something here. Don’t let the words ‘chick peas’ scare you, can’t taste ’em a bit, plus they pack in some good protein while you’re at it. Don’t believe me? I dare ya to try it yourself.

There are so many options for substitutions that once you try it you can put your own OG spin on the recipe; add in peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, use almond butter, roll in coconut flakes, add cocoa powder, vanilla extract – this recipe is so versatile, you really can’t screw it up. So get to it, because guess what? No one can judge you for licking the bowl clean with this one.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Hummus

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:10 minutes
  • Servings:10 servings

• 1 can chick peas
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Grab your ingredients and get measuring. Drain the chick peas, then add chick peas, maple syrup and peanut butter to blender. Blend until smooth.

Photo by Sara Brown

Fold in chocolate chips once hummus appears to be a thick, smooth consistency.

#SpoonTip: Add more honey or a few tablespoons of water to mixture if too dry while blending.

Photo by Sara Brown

EAT. Take a spoon and eat as is. Simple as that.

Photo by Sara Brown

Roll into balls and chill in fridge for a bite- sized crowd pleaser.

Photo by Sara Brown

Use as a dip, whether you dip pretzels, oreos, animal crackers, you choose.

Photo by Sara Brown