This beer, spinach, and cheese dip is like the classic spinach dip’s hot older sister. Those who can persevere through the stinky cheese preparation will be rewarded with a bread bowl full of mouthwatering dip. Plus, extra points for eating your veggies for the day.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 round loaf bread (pumpernickel or rye)
1 cup beer
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons flour
4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 cup OKA Raclette, cut into small pieces
2 cups Gruyere, shredded
1 teaspoon sambal oelek
Salt & pepper
Note: Don’t be alarmed if you almost vomit from the scent of the OKA Raclette. It’s not rotten, it’s just part of the splendour of OKA cheese.
2. Mix flour, salt, pepper, and cheese together.
3. In a pot, heat beer and garlic. You don’t need to bring it to a boil, just heat it up enough so that the cheese will melt when you add it.
4. Add the cheese.
5. Mix ‘er all around until the cheese is melted.
6. Add the sambal oelek. Add a little extra if you like the heat.
7. Pour in the spinach.
8. Mix it all up and cook it until the spinach softens up a bit. Not too mushy, but tender enough that your guests won’t feel like they’re eating a salad.
9. Cut your pumpernickel or rye bread into a bowl and pour in the dip.
10. The cheese will harden fairly quickly so gobble up that bread bowl of dip while it’s still ooey gooey goodness.
This recipe is adapted from Chuck’s Day Off’s Spinach and Cheese Dip.
Check out these other delicious dip recipes: