When someone puts a plate of spaghetti and meatballs in front of me, I lose all self-control. I grew up having it for dinner on a weekly basis so anytime I have it nowadays, I have to have it in large quantities. I almost always regret eating half my body weight in pasta when I realize how gross and stuffed it has made me feel. We’ve all been there.

Although Italians would most likely be opposed to us putting their perfect dish into muffin tins, who gaf? These well-portioned spaghetti and meatball cups give you all the satisfaction and deliciousness of the meal, but in snack-sized form. Don’t get me wrong, I love having a big pile of spaghetti and meatballs on my plate, but when I can’t have that, this is the next best thing.

Spaghetti and Meatball Cups

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:20 minutes
  • Total Time:35 minutes

• 6 oz spaghetti
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
  • 1 1/2 cup tomato-based pasta sauce
  • 12 (1) oz cooked meatballs
Photo by Emma Lally

Cook spaghetti in boiling water until it is firm to the bite, about 7 minutes. Drain the spaghetti and add the olive oil; refrigerate until cooled, about 15 minutes.

Gif by Emma Lally

Remove the spaghetti from the refrigerator and toss with 1 cup of Parmesan cheese. Divide spaghetti between the 12 muffin cups and create a nest for the meatballs to rest.

Gif by Emma Lally

In each nest, add a tablespoon of pasta sauce, then a meatball, followed with an additional tablespoon of pasta sauce. Sprinkle the remaining Parm on top of each cup.

Gif by Emma Lally

Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the meatballs are heated through. Cool and then dig in.

Gif by Emma Lally