There is nothing better than biting into a warm and gooey chocolate chip cookie, fresh out of the oven, especially after a long day of class. The only thing that could possibly ruin an experience this heavenly is the guilt that follows shortly after wolfing down a decadent cookie (or five).
The solution? This vegan, gluten-free cookie. It packs in all the flavor and richness of a buttery cookie without leaving you feeling like you’re ready for hibernation.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 13-15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
3 medium ripe bananas
2 tablespoons flaxseed
½ cup crunchy peanut butter
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoon agave nectar
1 ½ cup rolled oats
1 cup almond meal
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch sea salt
1 handful walnuts
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine flaxseed with 5 tablespoons water in a large bowl and let rest for 5 minutes.
3. Mash in the bananas until it reaches a smooth consistency and then add peanut butter, baking powder, baking soda, melted coconut oil, agave nectar, salt, vanilla and stir.
4. Mix in oats and almond meal.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
6. Drop cookies by the spoonful on a greased baking sheet. Place them 1 to 2 inches apart on the baking sheet (they don’t spread very much in the oven).
7. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown.
8. Remove and allow to cool.
If you’ve got a craving for chocolate chip cookies, check out these related articles to get your fix: