Every vegetarian, vegan, and kosher college student has gone to an awesome party only to face the evil jello shot. You get to explain why gelatin isn’t in your diet while everyone judges you, and then you get to be sober since they used all the liquor for their culinary experiment.

jello shots

GIF courtesy of Giphy.com

Well, I finally found the most delicious vegan gelatin that can be used to make perfect vegan jello shots. It comes in a bunch of flavors, so it can replace gelatin in most jello shots recipes.

For you meat-eaters, you are free to make this recipe with regular gelatin packets. Fortunately, you might need to boil an additional 2 ounces of Gin and Tonic in the recipe. Don’t worry, we won’t judge.

Rose-berry Gin and Tonic Jello Shots

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:65 minutes
  • Total Time:70 minutes
  • Servings:12 servings

• 1 packet raspberry vegan gelatin
  • 6 oz gin
  • 6 oz tequila
  • 2 oz rose simple syrup
Photo by Amanda Widom

Mix 4 ounces of gin, 4 ounces of tequila and the rose simple syrup. Put the mixture in a saucepan over medium heat.

Photo by Amanda Widom

Add the whole packet of vegan gelatin to the bowl.

Photo by Amanda Widom

When the mixture boils, pour it back into the bowl with the remaining Gin and Tonic.

Photo by Amanda Widom

Pour the mixture into your choice of molds and refrigerate for at least one hour.

Photo by Amanda Widom

Serve straight out of the cups or molds, or flip onto a plate.

#SpoonTip: You can get individual plastic cups at most supermarkets, but mini cupcake pans or ice-cube trays work just as well.

Photo by Amanda Widom