If you’re in need of a very colorful breakfast (literally), these Cap’n Crunch Berry Pancakes are perfect for you. While I can’t promise you that the “berries” in this cereal will provide you with the antioxidant quality of fresh berries, I can promise that they will wake up every cell in your body and get you berry pumped for the rest of your day. And not to mention, making these pancakes might just make you Snapchat and Instagram famous.
#SpoonTip: This recipe is marked as “medium” only because separating the colored berries was a little tedious, but don’t worry, it’s totally worth it.
Cap'n Crunch Berry Pancakes
- Prep Time:10 minutes
- Cook Time:10 minutes
- Total Time:20 minutes
- Servings:4 extra large pancakes
- 2 cup pancake mix
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries, crushed (original Cap'n flavor)
- 1/8 cup Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries, crushed (red berries only)
- 1/8 cup Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries, crushed (green berries only)
- 1/8 cup Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries, crushed (blue berries only)
- 1/8 cup Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries, crushed (purple berries only)
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 6 drops blue food coloring
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
Combine 2 cups of pancake mix with 1 1/2 cups of water.
Separate the pancake mix evenly into four cups.
Add three drops of a different food coloring into each cup (red, blue, green and red and blue for the purple) and mix until fully combined.
Mix 1/8 cup of the crushed up colored berries into their respective colored pancake mix.
Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave. Mix in powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream. Set aside.
Make each colored pancake and spread the white chocolate glaze in between each layer, adding 2 Tbsp of original Cap’n flavor as you stack your pancakes.
Heavily spread the white chocolate glaze on the top pancake and sprinkle with the rest of the crushed Cap’n Crunch cereal. Now you can dig in.