In honor of the lazy, frigid days of winter, here’s a recipe for the easiest soup you will ever make. Made entirely of vegetables, this carrot ginger soup will shock you with its secretly irresistible flavor. It’s the perfect homemade soup you’ve been dreaming of for this stay-in weather that will provide you with the vitamin A you need. As an added bonus, you can swap out the roasted carrots for any other desired vegetable to make a soup that is just as amazing. You won’t believe how simple it is to make your new favorite lunch item.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
1/4 cup celery, roughly chopped
1/2 cup onion, roughly chopped
5 carrots, 3 whole, 2 roughly chopped
4 cups water
1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger
Spray coconut or olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Note: Wegmans sells freshly chopped celery, onion, and carrots as a “soup starter” in a convenient package.
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
2. Place the chopped celery, onion, and carrots into a pot with the water and bring to a boil.
3. On a baking sheet, spray the remaining three carrots with oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Put the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
5. Blend the reduced pot of vegetable water with the carrots and piece of ginger, then enjoy.
For more delicious winter recipes, check out: