Theres something about the cooler weather that makes me want some fresh, hot, sweet bread straight from the oven. One of my go-to snacks is biscuits. Biscuits are pretty much perfect with everything, especially when they are topped with jelly or sausage and gravy. There is absolutely nothing better than homemade biscuits, but canned biscuits like Pillsbury Grands definitely makes for a fast and simple snack.
But they get even better with a few additional ingredients like fruits and cheese. Or you could mix it up a bit by frying them instead of baking them. Here’s a list of recipes you can use to jazz things up for your biscuits:
Apple Fritter Pull-Apart Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated biscuits (buttermilk, original or honey butter all work well)
2 granny smith apples, very finely diced
1 teaspoon lemon juice
⅓ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray or line with baking sheet.
2. In a saucepan add filling ingredients over medium heat and stir until apples are brown.
3. Using your hands, press each biscuit to thin it out, and top each one with a tablespoon of filling until all the biscuit rounds have been used.
4. Stack the biscuits on top of each other and place them into the loaf pan.
5. Arrange them so that no fillings touch both ends of the pan.
6. Pour any remaining apple filling over the dough in the pan.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
Tip: Strawberries, blueberries and peaches are great for fillings too.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
1 can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated biscuits (buttermilk, original, or honey butter all work well)
Shredded cheese (any kind)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF, line pan with baking sheet.
2. Cut biscuits into fourths.
3. In a bowl, add in garlic powder, cheese and parsley. Mix well.
4. Add biscuits in bowl and mix until well coated.
5. Places biscuits onto pan and bake for 10-12 minutes.
It doesn’t end there, check out all these other awesome biscuit recipes: