It's late Sunday morning. You are craving something sweet, but maybe your typical multiple inch stack of fluffy pancakes with a mountain of butter and waterfall of syrup maybe too much. Well, now it is time to start drooling even more. This recipe makes the perfectly airy but eggy and sweet crêpe-like pancake in no time. And you can put whatever you want in them; whether salty or sweet. So whip out your whisk, ladle, and chef's hat and start making pancakes like a European pro. 

Swedish Pancakes

• 4 1/2 oz all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 cups milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 tablespoons butter
cheese, bread, banana
Mireille Heidbreder

Mix in half of the flour (about 2 oz) with the salt and the milk and stir mixture until smooth with some bubbles present in the batter.

GIF by Mireille Heidbreder

Mix in the remaining flour, 3 tablespoons melted butter, and the 3 eggs into the batter. Mix again until bubbly but smooth.

#SpoonTip: Let batter sit and chill for about 30 minutes if you have time, otherwise you can just immediately make the pancakes.

GIF by Mireille Heidbreder

Prepare a pan to cook the pancakes in and melt a pat of butter in it. Heat pan and then pour just enough batter (about 1 standard ladle full) to cover the bottom of the pan.

GIF by Mireille Heidbreder

Cook for about 1-2 minutes on medium heat, then when the surface of pancake starts to have air bubbles, flip pancake over to cook other side.

#SpoonTip: Wait to see a large air bubble form in the center of the pancake so you know when the pancake is fully cooked and not still "wet" on the other side.

GIF by Mireille Heidbreder

After the pancake has been cooked all the way on both sides, flip again onto a plate and enjoy!

GIF by Mireille Heidbreder

Based off of the recipe from Monsters and Munchkins