If you've ever wondered what healthy foods you should be eating that also taste great together, you've come to the right place.  

The following is a recipe for some healthy chocolate bars. They contain several “superfoods” such as almonds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, cranberries, and dark chocolate.  All the word “superfood” really means is that the food is rich in nutrients and also beneficial for health and well-being.

These bars not only taste really good, but they're actually kind of healthy for you too. The ingredients in them may be able to help your body prevent UTIs, support weight loss and regulate blood sugar levels.  

Actually Healthy Chocolate Bars

• Cook Time:0

• 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/3 cup chopped almonds
  • 2 tablespoons chia seeds
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
peanut, peanut butter, butter, chocolate, caramel
Angela Kerndl

In a small frying pan, roast the almonds and sunflower seeds on medium heat for a couple of minutes. Then add the cranberries and sugar. Add the sugar in slowly and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. The mixture will be sticky. Mix in the chia seeds.

cereal, granola, muesli, corn, sweet
    Angela Kerndl

Spread out the mix in a pan. Flatten the mix out and then set it aside. In a small pot, stir the chocolate and coconut oil in over medium heat. Then add the cream and vanilla extract until thickened. Pour the chocolate mix over the fruit/seed mix.

cereal
    Angela Kerndl

Place in the refrigerator for approximately 2 hours. Break it apart and serve.

sweet, chocolate, meat, candy, nut
    Angela Kerndl

These bars include it all. While they may be super tasty and really easy to make, they’re also packed with tons of nutrients.