Summer is fleeting but that doesn’t mean that it’s time for these rolls to take a back seat. In fact, these are any season, all the time, any day, every day rolls that make the perfect snack or warm-up appetizer for dinner. The best part about these little babies is a) the dipping sauce b) how easy they are (just a lot of chopping!) and c) how impressive they look.
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes (depends on your cutting skills)
Cook Time: 3-5 minutes (only the noodles!)
Total Time: 25 minutes
1 pack of rice paper rolls
2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips/sticks
1 cucumber, cut into thin strips/sticks
1 avocado, cut into strips
1 mango, cut into thin strips
1 cup spinach
1 bunch mint leaves
Glass noodles, cooked and cooled
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon miso paste
3 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon water
1 handful cilantro leaves, finely chopped
1 handful mint leaves, finely chopped
1 handful chives, finely chopped
1 scallion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 inch cube ginger, minced
A few drops of sriracha (to your taste)
1. First you need to cook your noodles. Bring a small pot of water to boil.
2. When the water is boiling, throw in your glass noodles and cook for 3-5 minutes, until soft and tender. Strain them and set aside.
3. Fill a skillet with water and bring to a medium low heat. It should be very warm but not near boiling, and you should be able to put your fingers in it
4. Ready your filling station, being sure you have all of your fillings prepared.
5. One at a time, place a rice paper round in the water and let it moisten and become soft, about 20 seconds.
6. Remove from pan and place on cutting board. Layer filling ingredients in the center.
7. Wrap both sides and fold up tightly (like you would a wrap sandwich). Keep on moistened paper towels until ready to serve. Try and eat them soon so the veggies stay crunchy.
8. Make the sauce. Just whisk all your ingredients together and adjust to your liking, adding more honey if you feel like it needs to be a little sweeter.
9. Dip and enjoy!